Chapter 2

I stared at the stage as 3 guys came out, two I recognized as Jamie and Matt, friends of Alex's from school, and one I didn't know who Vi pointed out as Nick, a new member. Then, out of the back, came Alex. He had really cleaned up from the shaggy cut of his former self; he now had a sleek quiff like Elvis, which made him look super fit. I gawked, "Wow, he looks good." I did not age that well. My dark brown curly hair, fair skin, and petite size hadn't changed, but I now had an older, more mature look. I thought it suited me, and people had started complimenting my hair more since the release of Lana Del Rey's "Ride" music video where she sported a similar style, and Lorde's appearance in the music scene, not that I could ever look like either. Even with that and all the acne problems from puberty cleaned up, I still didn't look that good. 

 "Hey, are you all ready to hear some music?" Alex shouted into the crowd. The audience responded with various versions of yes, and then, as Alex was smiling out at the crowd, I saw him catch a glimpse of me and stop. Did he recognize me that quickly? I smiled, but he barely noticed as he seemed to be considering something. Then he called the band to a quick group discussion, and stepped back to the mic. "So, I'm sure many of you have already researched our set list, you sneaky little bastards, but we've decided to switch it up, just for you, Doncaster." The crowd was set off by this, and I wondered about it. He was always spontaneous, but wow, I mean to change what you've rehearsed…. I guess that's what being part of the adventurous music business does to you. 

 My thoughts were interrupted by Alex's voice, "Okay, so, this first song is called 'Do I Wanna Know?'" 

I make my chapters sort of short guys, but don't worry there will be lots and lots! x