Chapter 4

I wasn't sure if she had understood yet that these were all about her. She had looked so lost in thought during the last one, but what if that had been boredom? What if she barely even remembered me? Well, I hadn't forgotten. I still loved her, or at least what she was. Maybe she needed something a little more personal. I opened my mouth, "This next song is called She's Thunderstorms."

*Lillia's POV*

I waited, anticipating the beginning of the song. Everybody was standing by now, and I was ready to take a trip back down memory lane to see Alex. His voice came over the mic, God was that butterflies in my stomach? I made a mental note to stop that; I didn't even really know him anymore. "She's thunderstorms, lying on her front up against the wall; She's thunderstorms." It immediately brought me back. 

We had been dating almost a year. He came over to my house one night with his guitar and his leather jacket soaked in rain. He was coming back from band practice at Jamie's, and it was pouring. I let him in, and we went upstairs. I was still wearing those stupid black motorcycle boots I was obsessed with even though I didn't ride a motorcycle and my clothes from school. He ended up staying over all night since my parents didn't want to send him out in basically the biggest thunderstorm we had ever seen. It took a lot of convincing at first, but once the power went out they figured it was no use trying to get him out anymore. They set him up in my older brother's room since he was away at a friends, and told him to keep to himself. I chuckled to myself, like that would have ever worked. As soon as they went to bed he came back in to my room where I had been waiting for him. We talked by candlelight and shared stories all night long. I finally fell asleep beside him on the floor, still wearing those stupid motorcycle boots. 

*Alex's POV* 

Singing this song brings back so many memories. I remember her falling asleep that night; she was so gorgeous I just lay there looking at her brilliant figure. Finally I picked up some paper from her desk, and wrote this song. I didn't know what to do with it, and I didn't want her to know I had written a song about her so I just tucked it away in my jacket. 

I don't know why I kept that song so long, but when I was sorting through stuff while moving out of my parents to live in a flat with Jamie I found it. I didn't actually put music to it or release it until years later though; I always just kept it pinned up on a cork board. Finally, though, I figured it was no use just keeping it there, so I showed it to the lads. We started working on it that day, and we were finished by sundown. It was one of my favorite songs on that entire album, but she would never know that. No, I couldn't cut myself back down to that softie I was after seeing her once. Then again, I never was over her anyways, maybe it wasn't really any change at all.