Chapter 15

AN: Hey guys, keep rating and commenting if you like my stuff, it helps a bunch. Also I'm sorry not much intense stuff has happened so far. I'm trying to make this story at least semi-realistic, so I figured they couldn't really have any drama yet. Don't worry, though, I'll make something for the next couple chapters that hopefully y'all will like. So, please continue rating and commenting, and I'll continue updating! x Laurel

*Lillia’s POV*

I woke up Wednesday morning with a text from Alex. It had been 2 days since our… date? I wasn’t sure if it had been or not, but we definitely had one on Friday. The words on my phone screen simply read “Hey, what are you up to?” It was short and sweet, and I smiled to know he had thought of me. I tried to remind myself that he probably sent this to many girls, but my mind didn’t believe me. I tried to send back a message that reflected my nonchalance in this situation, and I settled on the phrase “Just heading out the door for work. How about you?” I hoped I wasn’t coming off eager by texting him back so quickly, but I decided to let it go and stop worrying.

*Alex’s POV*

“Just heading out the door for work. How about you?” I let my eyes glance over the words again and again. What could I say to make myself seem cool? Or did I want to seem interesting? What would she like best? I needed a good response, but what I really needed was her. That was why I was so cautious, after all; I just wanted to get her back. I let my mind linger over the imagination of us together again before sending the next text. “Trying to come up with a new song. I’m stuck. L” As I sent it I realized how stupid the sad face was. Cool boys did not send emoticons. What was I thinking?! What I really should have been stressing over was how much control she had taken over me.

Matt walked in and smirked at seeing me so tense. “What’s going on with you, mate?” I could see he found this amusing, and I wanted to punch him for not seeing how in need of help I was. “I’m trying to text Lillia. I can’t understand why I’m so nervous about this. I mean I dated her for 3 years, so why does this seem so stressful?” He took a seat beside me on the couch. “Hey, chill. It’s totally understandable. You just want her back. Let me help you.” I sighed as Matt pulled my phone from me and took a look for himself. “Okay, not so bad. Let’s just try not to send emojis anymore, kay?” I grinned. It was a bit humorous that I had done something that strange; I hadn’t used a single emoji in my life. I jumped at the familiar beep of my phone, and Matt held me back with his arm as he read the text aloud.

“Oh, sorry. Is there anything I can do to help? J” Matt moved his arm to behind my back and gave me a friendly slap. “Dude, there’s a smiley face here!” I grinned imagining her smiling herself. “Okay, so what do I say?” Matt thought over it for a second and then replied, “We’ve gotta be cool about this. Say something like, ‘Nah, babe, I got it.’” As cool as Matt was, that just did not sound right. I wasn’t that cool, and I’m sure she hated smooth guys like that anyways. “No, no babe. I’ll just say ‘Nah, s’okay.’” Matt chuckled. “Okay, mate, do what you like.” It worried me a bit that Matt didn’t think well of my response, but I sent it anyways.

*Lillia’s POV*

Oh, so he didn’t want my help. Okay, I thought to myself, that’s fine. Why would he want my help anyways? What had I envisioned him saying? ‘Yeah, can you give me an adjective that rhymes with fine?’ I laughed at my own funny thought then looked up to see the man across from me on the subway staring. I was obviously acting like an idiot with all my giggling and smiles, but I couldn’t help it, Alex just did that to me. Now what was I going to say back? He hadn’t given me much to work with. Just as I had decided I couldn’t text back my phone beeped. “So, tell me something I don’t know?” Normally I would have thought it a weird text, but coming from Alex it sounded smooth. I pulled the book I was reading and sent him a picture of it with the caption “my newest read.” I hoped that sounded good because I was seriously starting to regret it.

Tweet. My phone buzzed again, and I picked it up to see what he had said. “Looks great. Still a reader then?” He had remembered I loved to read, but how could he have forgotten? I almost always had a book with me. “Of course. Gotta have something to do while the kids are doing work.” From then on our conversation flowed easily. We talked about everything and anything, and I felt like we were best friends again. That day I barely read at all, just talking to Alex during my breaks instead.

*Alex’s POV*

We talked all day long, and I loved it. Every break from writing or practicing I gave myself I headed straight for my phone to text her back. I knew we couldn’t always talk like this, but I loved doing it. My excitement for our date was growing, and then I realized I had no idea where to take her. Where could we go where no fans would be? It seemed like they were anywhere I would possibly want to go. Usually I didn’t mind, there weren’t too many of them, and they weren’t crazed either. Still, I wanted this night to be all about us, no fans involved. Then I had a perfect idea. There was a cozy yet upscale Italian restaurant on the other side of town. Not many people knew about it or went there, and it had always been a good escape from the fans when I went. I called to tell them I would be there and hung up the phone. I would make sure this evening was perfect, and at the end of it I would make sure we were together again.

AN: Hey guys, keep rating and commenting if you like my stuff, it helps a bunch. Also I'm sorry not much intense stuff has happened so far. I'm trying to make this story at least semi-realistic, so I figured they couldn't really have any drama yet. Don't worry, though, I'll make something for the next couple chapters that hopefully y'all will like. So, please continue rating and commenting, and I'll continue updating! x Laurel