A True Connection

Karen called me Thursday afternoon and said, “Girl, my baby went out of town today and I want to go partying, or to dinner, or something.”

“Okay, choose a place, tell me the time, and I’ll be there.” I said. “I’ll get dressed. By the time I call, you should have it decided, okay?”

We said our goodbyes, and I started looking in my closet for what I might wear, when the phone rang again. Carmen was on the phone wondering if we could hang out. I informed her that I was getting dressed to hang out with Karen and that I would call her later. Karen text messaged me just as I was getting in the car. The text read, “Dave and Buster’s in Gwinnett @ 7 pm.” I forwarded the text message to Carmen. We hadn’t seen each in a few days, maybe it would be good if we all hung out. I don’t think Karen had seen her since the night we met at the club.

When I arrived at Dave and Buster’s, Karen was waiting for me outside. We hugged and I informed her that Carmen would join us.

“Really?” She replied inquisitively.

“Is she showing up as your girlfriend or as your friend,” she smirked.

I rolled my eyes and told her that Carmen and I hadn’t talked about it., but it was evident that I was very nervous.

“Girl, just chill, has it been that long since somebody tried to seduce you? I am sure you both will figure it out. Stop worrying about it.” Karen said.

I sighed. “No, but an ultra-feminine woman has never seduced me. Carmen was nothing like the ultra-femmes people talk about. Maybe the people talking are just talking without knowledge. I enjoy Carmen.”

Karen and I discussed Carmen a little more, and then began discussing Karen’s relationship. Maybe Karen was right. We were getting caught up on her relationship status when Carmen called to say she was outside. I told her where we were sitting and she came right over.

When Carmen reached the table, I stood up, hugged her, and reintroduced her to Karen. We talked, ate, and then went to play random video games. We walked into the game room from the restaurant area, which was complete with nicely carved, darkly stained, wooden chairs, tables, and stools that matched the bar. The game room not only had the traditional joy stick video games and carnival style games that required hitting pop up gophers with a toy mallet; it had virtual games like skiing and motorcycle racing. With these virtual games you used your entire body to control the game which jerked and vibrated according to the terrain.

We had a lot of fun, but it was getting late. I was so tired that I was yawning. Karen even had her fill of being out and about; she was ready to go home. I could tell that she missed her girlfriend. We all hugged and walked to our cars. As I was driving onto the interstate on ramp, Carmen called. “Would you like to come over? I would like for you to come over.”

“Yea, I think I will. Are you going straight home?” I asked. 

She said, “Yes.”

So, I drove to her house. ”Cool,” I thought. At least we’re not being weird. It was my habit to talk about changes in relationships, but I guess I could go with the flow.

When I arrived at Carmen’s house, the door was open. I walked in and locked the door.

“Carmen,” I called.

“I’m going to get in the shower. I’ll be right down. Go ahead and grab something to drink.” She yelled.

I heard her distant voice. I didn’t feel like drinking anything so I sat on the couch and turned on the TV. Just as I was getting into the Golden Girls, Carmen came down smelling delicious and looking edible. She wore black lace boy shorts and a matching bra. I sat up and watched her come over and straddle my lap. I didn’t know what to think, but I just put my hands on her waist and pulled her to me. My lips connected with her lips and I slid my tongue in her mouth searching for hers. She moaned and instinct guided my movements.

I nibbled at her neck roughly as I ran my hands over her entire body. Damn she felt good. It was what I missed the first time she kissed me and caught me off guard. She tried to take control of the situation by slipping her hand between my legs; but I snatched her bra off her breasts and sucked them into my mouth, running my tongue quickly but softly across her nipples; then slow and hard. She threw her head back, arching her back so hard I thought I would drop her out of my lap; but I just pulled her closer and lay her on the couch. I pulled off my blouse as she unhooked my bra and wrapped her lips around my nipples. She started to unbutton my pants then she pushed me on my back. I was going to push her back down, but her fingers reached my clit and I froze. She quickly pulled my pants down and slipped her fingers in my pussy. She was able to remove my pants completely. While she was removing the pants leg, I was able to push her backward. We wrestled a bit and ended up on the floor with her fingers in my pussy and my face in hers. Her panties were half on one of her legs, because I had ripped them off of her. We rocked our hips, sucked, fucked, and came again and again.

We fell asleep right there on the floor with the throw-cover over us. When I awakened, I kissed her on her lips, accidentally waking her. Then I just started talking. “Carmen, I don’t know what’s going on. It’s cool. I like it like it is, but I don’t just sleep with my friends. Whether we are together or not, if you are sleeping with someone else, just let me know so I can decide what I want.”

She looked up at me and said, “Let’s just do what we are doing. I’m happy and I will let you know as long as you let me know. I want to be with you”

“Ok, so you mean you want us to be girlfriends,” I asked.

“Yes, if that’s ok with you.” She said looking at me sort of worried.

“Yea, girlfriends, Ok.” I said. We both drifted to sleep in each other’s  arms.

I’d have to say, it was the most interesting relationship I’d ever entered. We didn’t linger on our upbringing and encounters that made us who we are today. We didn’t swap sad love stories about old relationships. We did share our interests. No, we didn’t just talk about them, we tried to understand each other’s point of view by participating in each other’s lives.