Chapter 7 | Acid Fog

Emily's POV:

After ten minutes alone tied to a pole, I'm almost ready to give the information up. My face, arms and legs hurt from the cuts, and I'm dizzy from the knock on the head, which tells me I either have concussion, or I'm suffering from blood loss. Either one could be dangerous if not treated soon. The grounder leader and her guards come back surprisingly soon, probably not wanting to waste time.

"So, have you though about..." She starts, when a long horn goes off. "The acid fog horn, this room has cracks in it, get to a safe hut," She shouts.

"But the prisoner, should we take her?" One of the guards says.

"No, she is not important, we can find another." The leader says, as the three of them run out of the room, leaving me alone once more. I look around and see that this room indeed has a hole in the low hung roof, and if what they say about acid fog is true, it will leak into this room. I tug and chew on the ropes, desperately trying to escape, but it is no use. After about five minutes of being alone, I see a yellow wisp of fog coming through the hole in the roof. I close my eyes, not wanting my last sight to be of my fried hands, when I feel the fog touch my hands. I open my eyes and scream, however the fog has actually burnt through the rope, and now my arms are free! Waiting for this to happen to all of me, the fog engulfs me, and though I am burning from the fog, I am completely free. Spying the door to my right, I make a run for it, yank open the unlocked door, and run though outside. Not looking around at the scenery, I run for the forest, the only place I see not covered in yellow smoke. The air around me is already infected, and I have to sprint to reach safety. Despite my injuries, adrenaline gives me the energy I need, and soon I have ran all the way to a cave, which I collapse into, my legs completely giving way. Though all I want is to sleep, I fight to keep myself awake, and inspect the cuts on my arms and legs. They are deep but surprisingly clean and precise. It is the damage I sustained in the fog that irritates me most. My throat has semi closed and I have to wheeze for breath, and my skin is sore and itchy, though no welts have formed. It takes all my energy not to itch my burning skin, and in the end I can't help but fall into a deep, deep sleep. 

                                                                                                *

Bellamy's POV:

Returning to camp after the fog attack, everyone has returned to safety, except Atom, who was too badly hurt by the fog, and Emily. 

"Clarke, any sign of Emily?" I ask, though she doesn't reply. Guilt suffocates me, and I feel responsible for this, as I was the one that caused Emily to leave camp anyway. She saved my life, now I have to save hers.

"She's smart, when she saw the fog she would have made her way to a cave. You stay here with Jasper and I will organise a search party to search the area and caves," I tell her.

"Thank you," Clarke says, almost smiling. I walk into the main camp.

"Everybody grab a weapon and get into groups of two. We are searching the forest and caves for Emily, who hasn't been seen for two days now." I boom.

"Bellamy, the girls probably dead, no point risking any more lives," Murphy complains, voicing my concerns.

"Shut you trap and go looking Murphy," I shout at him. Heading out on my own, my knife ready to attack any grounder I see. After hours of searching, I'm just about ready to give up, when I spy a small cave further in the distance than I have ever been. Rushing over to it, I peer inside and breathe a sigh of relief. Emily, lying in a pool of her own blood, but by the look of rising and falling of her chest, still alive. I feel her pulse, which is slower than normal but still there. She had a huge swollen bruise on her head, as well and deep cuts all over her body. Scooping her up, I whisper.

"Hey, Emily, do you hear me? Your going to be ok." Her eyelids flutter open weakly.

"Bellamy," She whispers, before falling unconscious once more.

_______________________________________________

So, what do you think? I can't believe I already have 36 reads, thank you so much!!!