Chapter 16 | Betrayal

Emily's POV:

Bellamy and the others returned from the search an hour ago now, bringing Miles and telling me that the grounders took Clarke and Finn.

"Emily, I know your upset about Clarke, but we couldn't risk anymore lives, you know that," He says for the hundredth time. "Anyway, you should be back in the drop ship resting, here's a radio so you can tell me if you have any problems,"he says, handing me a walkie talkie. I sigh and reluctantly return to the drop ship. I take another dose of the medicine, which has already helped a great deal, and lie down, as it normally makes me tired. Closing my eyes, I drift off into an uneasy sleep.

                                                                                       *

I wake up to the sound of choking, and look over to see Murphy holding a plastic sheet over Miles mouth. I don't say anything, and pretend to be asleep, knowing that Murphy will kill me if he knows that I saw, however I pick a very unfortunate time to sneeze, and Murphy looks over and sees me staring at him and Miles.

"He was choking, I was just trying to help," He says, obviously lying, but I nod and stand up, needing to go and tell Bellamy. Suddenly, Murphy rushes over and grabs a gun from the table, pointing it straight at my head.

"Don't move," He says threateningly.

"That's ok, I won't," I say, scared out of my wits by the boy I now fear has some mental issues pointing a gun at me.

"No its not, you know what happens if Bellamy finds out," He says, when my radio buzzes.

"Hey Emily, how are you? Emily?" Bellamy asks on the radio.

"Give me the radio now Emily," Murphy hisses, as I take the radio out of my pocket.

"Murphy has a gun and he killed..." I start, before Murphy takes the gun and whacks me on the head.

"Murphy, what the hell are you doing?" I hear Bellamy say, as Murphy closes the drop ship door. 

"You try to be a hero, your girlfriend dies!" Murphy shouts, as I hear everything go silent outside. I'm lying on the floor, too dizzy to stand up.

"Murphy, why are you doing this? I wasn't even there when they hung you!" 

"Just shut up and get in the corner," Murphy shouts at my, still pointing the gun, and when there's a gun pointed at your head, there's not much you can do. However, I know I can push the limits and delay a bit, as Murphy doesn't want to kill me yet, then he will have nothing to stop Bellamy from killing him, so I stall in the first way that comes to mind.

"Murphy, I don't think I can move." I say.

"Do you think I'm stupid Emily?" He spits.

"No seriously, you know the blood infection I have? That knock on the head didn't help," I lie, though Murphy grabs my arm and drags my into the corner, then ties a rag around my mouth.

"Comfortable?" He mocks, while I just glare at him. I hear Bellamy on the other end of the radio again.

"Murphy, I know you can hear me. You don't want to hurt Emily, you want to hurt me," He shouts, and I internally groan.

"So what do you say, you swap me for her?" Bellamy asks. Suddenly, Murphy grabs me and aims the gun at my chest, before pulling the lever that opens the door.

"Bellamy, you come in unarmed in ten seconds, or Emily gets a bullet in the leg," Murphy shouts, then starts counting. On the count of five, I see Bellamy walk in, and Murphy shoves me out. I fall over and roll down the hill, before I see the door close again. Octavia rushes down to me and unties my hands and takes the gag off my mouth.

"Are you ok?" She asks, I just nod and stand up. Octavia radio's Bellamy, who just tells us to get back to work, and I go to help Octavia building, before she stops me.

"Emily, you need to rest." She says gently.

"Octavia, I'm absolutely fine, and incase you haven't noticed, we're slightly short on people at the moment," I say, slightly more aggressively than I intended, but sick of people telling me I need to rest.

"Ok then," Octavia says defensively, before finally allocating me the easiest job she could think of.

 After about 15 minutes, Jasper runs out from where he and Raven were trying to open the door.

"It's almost ready," He says, before getting his gun ready to shoot. I go up to them, ready to break Murphy's face in, when the door opens. Nothing happens, so we run in, and see Bellamy running from a noose like Murphy did. I run up to him, and unclip the seat belts used to make it, freeing Bellamy, who falls to the ground coughing.

"Breath," Octavia gasps at him, but Bellamy just gasps hoarsley.

"Murphy, Murphy!" Suddenly, we hear a band from upstairs and run up, to find a smoke, a huge hole in the wall, through which we can see Murphy running into the forest.

"The guy sure knows how to make an exit," Bellamy says, before I realise that I have a massive headache. I turn to check that the medicine I made is ok, which it is, and I take a sip, coughing as it goes down, at which point Bellamy notices me and runes over, giving me a kiss.

"Are you ok?" He asks, then his eye line moves to the cup I'm holding. "What's that?" He asks, when we hear shouts. We run down, and see Clarke and Finn enter the camp. I run up to Clarke, and give her a huge hug.

"Clarke, where the hell have you been?" I ask her.

"What happened, we heard an explosion?" Clarke asks me.

"Murphy happened. Where's Monty?" Bellamy asks.

"Monty's missing?" Clarke says worriedly. 

"We have to get out of here, the grounders have an army bigger than we've ever seen!" Finn exclaims.

"Well where are we safer than behind these walls?" Bellamy asks.

"To the east, there are people that will help us," Finn explains.

"You saw Lincoln?" Octavia asks, surprised.

"You expect us to trust a grounder? This is our home now! We built this from nothing with our bare hands, if the grounders think they can take that away, that because we came from the sky we don't belong here. They're yet to realise one very important fact, we're on the ground now, and that means that we are grounders!" Bellamy shouts, everybody including me staring at him in awe, though Clarke isn't done with her argument. 

"Bellamy's right, if we leave we may never find a place as safe as this, and who knows in this world, we could be faced with something even worse tomorrow, but that doesn't change the simple fact that if we stay here we will die tonight!" Clarke exclaims. "So pack your things, just take what you can carry, now." To my surprise, everyone listens to Clarke and starts packing, while Bellamy just stands there in shock. I walk up to him,

"Don't worry Bellamy, no one can beat Clarke's inspirational speeches," I say, before walking off and preparing to pack.

_____________________________________

Ok so I know this chapter was very similar to the TV episode, but it's got lots of really important stuff in it :)