Ashi

Ashi are the most abundant race, but not the first. In fact, they may very well have been the last race to come into existence as all races holding accounts of their history can recall a time when Ashi did not exist on Arien*. They are four-limbed and walk about on only two of the longer ones known to them as legs. They are often nervouse and weak alone, but in groups they are mighty. Their origins are virtually unknown to themselves as it wasn't until the beginning of the Kliana Empire that Dirma Thrid began his accounts. 

   Legends say they crossed the Starcarst Ocean from a distant land in the east filled with black-eyed demons and winged devils that threatened to wipe out their small, fragile population. They sailed for months across a vast ocean and finally, near death, they landed upon the shores of what is now Ash Cove. There they built the first city the western world had ever known. For many hundreds of years they dwelt there, living peacefully in their own small section of a vast land.

   But, as Ashi are wont, some grew restless and left for other lands. Of these people we have various accounts but the very first city disappeared. No accounts exist of the First City, only myth and legend as to why it suddenly vanished. 

   Some say dragons came and burned the city to the ground, others say a mighty volcano buried the city in ash, and still others say the city is still there and filled with the ghosts of the deceased, living as they did, not knowing they are dead. 

   Those that left formed new cities and great civilizations, none of which exist to this day save the rumored hundred mile city in the center of the Sea of Sands. The following sections will list a brief summary of everything known about the races of Ashi as they have evolved over the centuries.

Allusus - 

A nomadic group of people of all races, most often Taruscan or Rianoran. They are commonly slavers, traveling throughout Arien in search of slave sources and buyers. Frequently found between Glarun and Tarusc, they pose a major threat to the Middle Lands. Their home is located somewhere in the Allusus Valley.

Credeite - 

Many Credeites live and work in the salt mines of Crede, a small country between Glarun and Tarusc. They are generally a peaceful people, though plagued by the Allusus, and prefer to keep to themselves

Elonian - 

Sworn enemy of Glarun, Elonians pride themselves on being descendants of the people who wished to remain under the rule of the Kliana Empire. Elonia's capital, Alarion, was once home to the ruler's of Kliana. It is there that the people keep the tradition of monarchy alive.

Glarunian - 

Poorer than Elonians, the Glarunian people fared ill in the aftermath of the Separation. Their monarchy fell rapidly into decay among petty squabbling over which family would rule. Eventually a system was devised where each ruling family would rule for a term of four years. This led to a constant state of change in how the country was operated and the people suffered tremendously. 

Kareleri - 

Little is known to the other races of the Kareleri, who live in the Ortaw Kareleri; Mountain Home of the Fire People. It is unclear if Kareleri refers to the dragons that live among the mountains, or the people that live among the dragons. The two vastly different people no longer differentiate between themselves. To them, they are one race. 

Kuroaran - 

Kuroarans dwell in the middle of the Sea of Sand around the Kuroa Oasis. A melting pot of the different Taruscans, Kuroa is a middle ground, a place where anyone can come, so long as they keep the peace.

Mekkite - 

The Mekkite people are rumored to be the people who were lost on the voyage to Arien. It is said that several ships were lost during a storm and were never seen from again. They are a quiet race, keeping even more to themselves than the Credeites. 

Rianoran - 

Rianorans are disliked strongly by Elonians and Glarunians. The latter two consider their easternmost sister country to contain the dregs of society, which, in a way, is true. Often, Rianorans are men and women banished, forced to live in the empty grasslands east of the Wastelands. 

Taruscan - 

A desert-dwelling people. They have lived among the white sands of Tarusc for longer than their history tells, which is longer than that of the Kliana Empire. There are two distinct parties of the Tarusc; the Sheragah and the Tarions. Mekkites and Allusus are commonly grouped in with the Tarusc. 

- Sheragah -
- Tarion -

Arien* - the name of the continent in which all known history of the Ashi takes place.