Just Like Art

lauren thinks camila is maybe like artOne of Lauren's arms is draped over Camila's waist, hot skin on hot skin, feeling as her stomach rises up and down with each breath she takes. The other arm supports Lauren's head above their pillow as she lets her eyes trace over Camila's features: the tiny freckles on the bridge of her nose, splatterings of dust running along angular cheekbones; the pink lips, slightly bruised, parted just the tiniest beat, allowing a small glimpse of pearly white teeth and a hint of tongue; the defined jawline; the eyebrows, naturally relaxed in her sleep.

Lauren could look at her face for hours and lose herself as she admired everything about Camila, like she was art.

"Sleep, Laur." Camila whispers, aware of her girlfriend's irregular breathing. At the command, Lauren smiles and moves her other arm to join the one over Camila's waist, and lets her head fall to the pillow.

She can just confirm that Camila is, indeed, art; tailored by some unknown, holy artist just for Lauren.

Lauren enters the room, her eyes on her phone as she tries to compose a tweet. She hears Camila's voice, soft and clear and packed with longing, and instantly looks up from her phone, twitter completely forgotten, seeking her girlfriend. She's met with Camila with her eyes closed and headphones on, clutching a pillow from the nest of thoses she's made for herself on the couch, hands hidden by the too long sleeves of her sweater – a sweater that once belonged to Lauren. "And if I kiss you darling, please don't be alarmed." She sings, still soft, pleading to something, and there's gooseflesh on Lauren's arms and her stomach drops to her foot, as warmth akin to pride and love fills her up.

Lauren puts her phone on her back pocket as she sits down on the floor, looking up to Camila, and closes her eyes as her love's voice washes over her. She can't quite put a name on what she feels as she listens to the song, to the utter passion with which she sings, and to the completely unreserved way Camila gives herself to the music. It's magic - art - and she feels a thousand things at once, too many.

It feels a lot like love, and like being complete.

"You're so amazing," Lauren whispers when the song is over, afraid of bursting their bubble. Slowly, she draws up to her knees and threads her fingers lightly on Camila's hair, kissing her firmly on the lips. "I love you."

Three seats away from Camila, Lauren stares and tries not to gape as she tells story after story, funny stories, sad stories, inspiring stories, just stories, and the entire auditorium watches and listens and absorbs her, drinking her in as if she's the most precious nectar – as if she's ambrosia, the drink of the Gods. Maybe she is.

Lauren sits and stares and absorbs and drinks her in with everyone else, and she imagines she's in a museum. It's a rather common image, as she usually gets the impression that when they sit on stage and talk and answer fan questions, they're on display. This time, however, there's a masterpiece: Camila, and even the other pieces of the display stare at her in adoration.

As they run backstage after the show is over, Lauren stops her girlfriend on the way to their changing room, tugging Camila towards her body by her arm and holding her tight. "You were so breathtaking up there, you know?" She whispers in her ear, drops a kiss to her hair, and intertwines their fingers as they walk to the changing room together.

They're sitting down on the bed, side-by-side, touching every once in a while, the only sound the occasional turning of pages. Lauren's given up on her book a long time ago, deciding to read Camila instead, recognizing the crease on her eyebrows as she reads something she doesn't appreciate, or the way she bites her lips as she expects something good to happen. In the silence, she feels the words swell and come up her throat; everything she's ever wanted to say to Camila, and it's all too much. It's all too much and they keep on coming and swelling until they finally roll out of her mouth, uncontrolled. "You're something else, Camz, like art. The kind of art that makes you wanna look and look and keep on looking until forever, and that makes you feel all those weird, powerful emotions, like butterflies and gooseflesh, and the kind of art that captivates everyone."

When Camila kisses her, Lauren tastes the salt of her girlfriend's tears, and knows that it's her way of saying thanks.

A/n im gonna start posting less frequently, maybe once a week? I dont want to over due it lol. but feel free to message me whenever. im totally cool. Totally. h.m.u pls im lonley :(