Chpt. 1

•Bella pierce
It was a marvelous day. The weather was highly fair and the brilliant sea blue sky shimmered like sparkling jewels.
The fluffy Columbus clouds swayed high in large clumps like foamy mash potatoes.

I could feel the concrete beneath my  feet and under my skateboard as I  fiercely jeered down the pebbly sidewalk, the bumps making my heart skip a beat.

The music playing from my iPod thumped loudly in my eardrums and I felt like I was in my own little world right now.

Usually I would take my car in the mornings, being newly licensed, every chance behind the wheel was a blessing, but even I couldn't deny such a perfect day.

   I was fairly relaxed when I approach campus.
Students upon students flooded the area with loudness and chaos.

I take out my earbuds and wrap them around my ipod before shoving it in my back pocket.

I immediately begin to scan the perimeter in search of one person.
Though upon the many students my eyes still surprisingly manages to find Zachary, my best friend since middle school.

There he sat on the edge of a granite water fountain, shimmering as the sun shone through it reflecting a light and airy scenery.

I came to a stop kicking the skateboard up into my left armpit where it will stay until I put it in my locker.
My long hair falls flat over my shoulders, no longer belonging to the wind.

"What's up asshole?" I say loudly catching his attention and undoubtedly many others . I feel a slight tingle of embarrassment but I shake it off.

His blue eyes look up into mines, a smile spreads across his pale pink lips separating apart to reveal his white teeth.
He shoots up happy by my presence.
  "Good morning Bella mella" he rushes up to me taking me in his newly muscular arms and squeezing me tight until breathing is almost an impossible task to do.

His body temperature is hot and he is heavily masked with a sweet smelling cologne  that makes me think of all the magazines I used to shove my nose in at the grocery store.

As an additive he has blonde hair which is hard and spiky from obsessive use of jell and hair spray.
When he finally releases , my chest contracts gulping in a wave of much needed air.

"Well that's a way to kill a person" I joke laughing lightly as I readjust my loosened back pack straps.
He just laughs looking down at the ground for a moment.

"Sorry it's the wrestling. Coach is making us work out and practice a lot these days, forgive me..I just forget how small you are getting compared to how big I'm becoming" he apologizes in a russet voice.

I roll my eyes. "Please, your still a noodle to me" I smirk.
He looks offended for a moment before an evil grin spreads across his face.

"Well can a noodle do this!" He shouts before his arms are around me for the second time today and I am lifted Into the air, jokingly screaming as my hands grasp his shoulders for support.

Strangers turn their heads in our directions and smile a little before carrying on with whatever they were doing.

For a second I fear that they may think Zachary and I are boyfriend and girlfriend and I instantly go into action to eliminate that thought.

I move my hands from his shoulders and put them In his hair giving it a nice ruffle.

He sets me down quicker than he picked me up ,immediately going to fix his precious hair.

"What the hell was that for?!?" He asks angrily, there's no way he's gonna get his hair back to the way it was.

Oops.

"People were looking jerk face"

"Does it matter? I mean look at my hair, you ruined my master piece" he utters with the camera app opened up on his iPhone.
I shake my head in dismay.

My opinion may not matter but I thought it looked way better that way.
Just in that moment the bell blares through the speakers and everyone is off to first block.

It was the only class I didn't have with Zachary so it'll give him time to cool down before he sees me again.

On the way to class I stop by my locker and grab a few textbooks before shoving in my skateboard.
"Oh Bella wait up" a feminine voice interrupts me while I turn to walk away.
I look back to see my other best friend ,Candice rushing up to walk beside me.

"Are you excited for movie night tonight?" she gleams standing on her toes.
Candice had beautiful fiery red hair which fairly represented her personality which was a carefree person very wild and adventurous, the complete opposite of me. She didn't care what people thought of her and I always envied that characteristic she held.

"Sure, but we're watching romance though right?" I ask flinging my hair to the left side of my shoulder.

Movie nights with Candice were sort of a ritual, we always had them on Thursday nights and I really enjoyed hanging out with her, considering I don't really have girl -friends or any friends for that matter.

    Candice and Zachary unfortunately aren't friends with one another, Candice despises him and Zachary is just too hot headed to notice.
My feeble attempts to make them buddy up has failed so far ,so I have just given up.

It was pointless.

"You know it" she replied with a wink.

As we entered geometry we're hit with the usual rowdy atmosphere. The teacher, Mr.Tod is buried deep into his phone not caring that his students are acting like wild animals.

Candice and I pick a comfortable seat in the back rows where we'll be unnoticed.
We are smart to avoid sitting behind Chloe and Robert, the two most awkward people that for the love of god can not stop making out with each other.

As we sit down a brown haired jock which didn't even have this class whistles at Candice and I roll my eyes as she saucily stuck up her middle finger.

"Assholes" she muttered under her breath.
She has that right.

The bell rings for a second time and everyone silences.

With a grunt Mr. Tod stands up grabbing a stick of chalk and began dragging it across the tar black chalk board.

  In a second a lesson is written down and everyone takes out their textbooks  as Mr. Tod sits back down in his chair and takes his phone back out. 

The period goes by unbelievably slow.