Chpt.4 part 1

Bella pierce •
It's Friday night and I am re-watching the first season of the Vampire diaries.
A pizza is crammed halfway in my mouth and a Mountain Dew can is clutches between my fingers.

I think heavily about Elena and her developing problems and wonder if it'll ever get better for her. Its sad the girl can't have a normal life just because she wanted to be with a vampire.

I pause the show when my phone flashes beside me.
I look at the notification 'message from best friend'

I contemplate whether or not to answer, my emotions going up and down like a seesaw.
I ignore the call and snuggle back into the covers.

The phone rings again and again and again and three more times.

I turn on my side and release a scream into my pillow.

On the other end Zachary is calling me and to be honest I don't know what to say to him. I mean what should I say to him? This whole ordeal has been so confusing and I've never felt so lost and at such cross roads.

I decide to answer the phone.
"I've been calling for nearly half an hour why haven't you've answered?!?" Zachary's voice shouts from the other line.

I jolted up from my slumped position at his tone and words blaring through the receiver. I stuttered to find the right words to say ,giving up once I couldn't find any.

On the other end I could hear slight chatter in the background.

"Listen ...I wanted to tell you I'm sorry about what happened" he said apologetically.

I sighed into the phone.
"What did I say that was so wrong?" I expressed in a soft voice.

He breathed in deeply.
"Nothing Bella mella. Nothing I just need to stop being so insecure ." It's the last words I hear before he hangs up.

I place my phone on the dresser with knitted eyebrows.
For a moment I stare at it shifting on both my feet, and then in a split second it's in my hands again.

My thumb hovers over Candice's contact before I press down in it.

The phone rings three times before Candice's sweet voice answers hello.

"Hey Candice have you've gotten ready for the party yet?" I ask.

"No I was just about to start, why?" She asks.
"Because I'm going."

She screams terribly loud on the other end.

"Shh calm down girl don't make such a huge deal out of it" I demanded.

She calms down but I can tell how jittery she still is by her breathing.

"This is good you should go, make out with one of those hot jocks" she said.

"What? While you make out with Mark?" I joked playfully rolling my eyes.

"Shut up I'm not gonna be making out with Mark" she giggles.

My smile breaks through.
"I'm gonna start getting ready. I just wanted to tell you that I was going. I'll see you there alright?" I declared.