Chpt.6

Zach

As I lay sloppily in bed the morning greets me with a headache so severe I could barely open my eyelids.

Tugging roughly at my blonde roots, I make my way to the bathroom for a cold shower.
The temperature causes the hair on the back of my neck to stand.

When my shower is over, I step out of the cold tub. Red bloodshot eyes stare back at me through the mirror.
My reflection hunts me.

I couldn't quite explain this strange feeling in my gut that I did something.
I do remember the drinking and the partying and the....and I remember being angry with Bella.

Although angry would be  a more harsh way to put it.
I was hurt, in better words.
Sore and numb in the heart.
Bella and I have been friends for a while now and I couldn't deny the crush that has been developing over the years.

I never did get around to telling her how I really felt.
Scared, maybe, I just didn't want to be rejected.

After all she did say that I was just a brother to her and nothing more, she doesn't and would never think of me that way. Her very own words stung like a bee.

It was hard to hide the immense amount of hurt I was feeling.
It was hard to be mean to her and ignore her but I had to for my own good.

I had secretly hoped that indulging with Lola would make Bella jealous.
I wanted to make her realize any potential feelings that she may have for me.

Of course that didn't work.
Bella was better than that. Bella was a real women.

Sighing, I threw on a hoodie and a pair of grey sweatpants and my white air forces.

Greeting my mom as I left the house I decide to pay Bella a visit. I felt bad for the way I treated her and I wanted to apologize.

Walking down the sidewalk I shoved a few fingers in my mouth bitting at my finger nails. A burning sting immediately greeted me and I instantly withdrew my fingers.

I squint my eyes in pure confusion as I observe them.
Scratches and cuts splatters across the cracks and crevices of the tips of my fingers and even on my knuckles.

"What the.."
When the hell did that happen?
Why didn't I notice this in the shower?
Last night must have been wild.

Shoving my hands in the pockets of my sweatpants I continue the three block walk to Bella's residence.

"What's up baby wanna go for a ride?!" A  pink Lexus stops beside me, carrying a tight bundle of girls.
Lola sits in the drivers seat with a quirky smirk on her face.

I smile politely at the ladies.
"Sorry girls I actually have something to do right now maybe later."
They each give me a pitiful look of disappointment.

"Finneee" Lola whines like a two year old.
"See you later gaiter" she says lastly before driving off.
Her lip gloss squad blows kisses in my direction.

The breeze from their depart blows my hair  across my face. 
I groan sleeking it back.
I really needed a haircut.

Fifteen minutes later I reach the front steps of Bella's  home.
The silver Honda remains missing in the driveway signaling that Ms. Pierce is yet to return home. But her car was there parked in the driveway.

I felt unexplainably nervous when I went to knock on the door.

The contact made my knuckles sting and I wheezed quietly.