002

Caities P.O.V.
I grabbed my Polaroid camera and stuffed it into my backpack. It wasn't really a backpack, it was actually a tote bag but it's what I carry with me to class. I grabbed my keys my phone and walked out the door. Today I was wearing my favorite black bralette, ripped jeans, black ankle boots, and a green parka coat. For my eye makeup I went natural with mascara because I was really lazy. But my black lip made it stand out. For my hair I pulled two pieces back and did a fancy twist that actually took no effort at all (Picture). I locked my apartment door behind me and started the journey to my car.
        It was raining out. My favorite weather. The rain pattered down the window shield creating a calming melody. I always get so tense before classes. Anxiety I guess. I want to be a photographer when I get older so I take my Polaroid camera with me everywhere. I love the vintage effect a Polaroid picture has.
        I grabbed my umbrella and conquered the pouring rain as I walked to my first class; photography, of course.
"Hey Caitie!" One of my other best friends, Kay called as I entered the room. It's kind of ironic because she is dating Calum who happens to be my other best friend.
"Hey Kay." I smiled.
"You look really pretty today!" She exclaimed. She grabbed my camera from my hands and before I knew what she was doing, she snapped a picture of me. It printed out and she waved it around in the air for a few seconds. When the print finally revealed itself she smiled, proudly. "Off guard pictures are my favorite."
"Let me see." I demanded. She showed me the picture. "Glorious. Thanks for wasting one of my films on that rat." Kay smacked my arm.
"Shut up! It's beautiful." I studied the picture. I was looking down. I was in the middle of pinning a piece of my hair behind my ear. My jacket was falling slightly off my shoulder. She had a point. The picture had life to it. Until you looked at the expression on my face. I was confused. Who wouldn't be if your camera was just yanked out of your own hands. The rest of class was spent learning new photography tactics from the professor and the constant giggles between Kay and I. We always goofed around and everyone gets so annoyed but who cares.
            Finally, it was lunch time. I was so hungry. Kay and I usually go to Panera Bread to get lunch but Calum was taking her out today so I guess I'd have to eat alone. I drove around town and finally gave in to a small pub. I heard really good things about their burgers so I decided to give it a try. When I walked in, I immediately felt really cozy. I was greeted by the sound of a calm alternative band playing. There were fairy lights strung across the ceiling in a diagonal manner. The walls were a grungy brick. The room had an industrial feel but it made me feel cozy. I found a table and sat down. I studied the band as I waited for a waiter. The drummer looked familiar. I squinted my eyes to get a better look of him. It was Ashton. I looked at the other members. They weren't Calum, Michael, or Luke. I was really confused.
"Hello what can I get you?" The waiter interrupted my thoughts.
"Um a sweet tea and can I go ahead and order?" I answered.
"Sure."
"I'll take a bacon cheeseburger with everything but pickles and onions.
"You got it!" He smiled.
"Thanks."
My attention turned back to the band because they quit playing. They all stood up and walked to the front of the stage. They all bowed and everyone cheered. When the cheers dimmed out, they walked off stage.
"Ashton!" I called. He turned around searching for the source. I waved vigorously until he noticed me. He smiled and began walking towards me.
"Hey Caitie!" He smiled. "May I?" He pointed to the empty booth in front of me.
"Go ahead." I smiled back.
"What brings you here, love?" He asked. The nickname spawned butterflies in my stomach and sent chills down my spine. In other words, I liked it.
"I heard they had good food? How about you? I thought you were in a band with Cal and them?" I asked.
"We haven't decided yet but tonight I played a gig for those guys because their drummer was sick. I really want to be in the band with Cal, Mikey, and Luke though. They've been my friends forever."
"I don't see why you're taking so much time thinking on it then."
"Well I don't want it to get in the way of some things. Like maybe a relationship. And I don't want my grades to lower in class. Good things take time."
"You're going all inspirational on me? My mom used to do that. I hated it."
"No inspirational talks? Okay. Got it." He joked.
I giggled. Ashton ordered food and the rest of the evening was spent with us eating and getting to know each other.
          Ashton walked me out to my car. And I opened the door and sat down.
"We should hang out again sometime. It was really fun." He smiled, flashing his dimples. The cold turned his breath to smoke when he talked. My heart melted. I just met this guy and he's so cute.
"Yeah. Of course." I smiled back.
"Here take this. It's some really important information." He handed me a slip of paper. He waved bye and walked to his car. I shut my door and turned on the heat and my music. I unfolded the slip of paper Ashton gave me.
        Ashton's phone number (you should use it)
                 xxx-xxx-xxxx
I stupidly smiled down at the scribbled and rushed hand writing.

A/N
Chapter two everybody! How exciting! Okay please don't yell at me if you're Australian or in college. I don't know proper terms for some college courses and other things, nor do I know how phone numbers work in australia. Have mercy on me (Shawn mendes reference) HAHAHA. Just me? Okay....