Dear John #10

October 5, 2016

Dear John,

Boy, it's been so long since we last talked but I know it's for the best. Honestly, it's strange when I think about life and how crazy it can be. One minute we were in high school. The next we are taking on the world. I really feel like this was life telling me that it's time to spread my wings from you and our friendship. I knew it will happen when we spoke last time. That one phone call is all it took. My heart is heavy when I try to forget and it's even more painful when I remember. There's never been any doubt that I will miss your company. But, I will always be here when you need me. I am happy that we had all the time that we had.

I really hope everything is going well for you. You are doing your county proud. It's what you have dreamed for since high school.

I wish you all the best for you and your brothers in arm. I pray for the safety for all of you. To make it home to your families. To live life with no regrets just painful memories that will plague your thoughts, it doesn't define you.

Someday, my friend. We will meet again. And when we do, we will raise our glass to the good, the bad and ugly and laugh the night away with no worries.

Goodbye.

Your friend,
Shay-Shay.

Your friend,          Shay-Shay