Chapter 2

Alice had been talking with Scarlett all day. They had quite a long phone conversation that mostly consisted of talking about the party that was happening tonight. Even though Alice had just moved here, she felt at home. She had never been this welcomed anywhere else she went, and it was refreshing to see the popular group being so friendly. Every other school she had been to they treated her terribly. But now things were different. She had Scarlett, who had also introduced her to a lot of new people. Alice knew she was going to be meeting even more people at the party. She looked at the time. If she wanted to be on time, she should probably start getting ready.  

Alice wasn’t really the party type. Yeah, she had been to a few parties with her ex-boyfriend Ryan from New York, but this was different. She wasn’t going with anyone. Scarlett was the one throwing this huge back to school party. And she also would barely know anyone there.

As Alice thought of how to dress, she started with her make-up. She went a little heavier with it tonight. She tried to accentuate her eyes, which she liked to think were her best feature. She stood back from the mirror to get a better look at herself.  It actually looked pretty good. She smiled with satisfaction. Now, what to do with her hair. She contemplated whether or not to do a fancy hairstyle. Alice decided to leave it straight, she didn’t want to look like she was trying too hard.

Now here came the hard part.

“Ugh, what should I wear?” Alice mumbled to herself.

She yanked open her closet doors. Without hesitation she started rifling through every item of clothes she owned. Alice didn’t seem to find what she was looking for. Frustration came over her.

“I have nothing to wear!”

Alice collapsed to the floor in a sudden act of desperation. Once again she was throwing her clothes all around her room. Finally she came across one of her favorite dresses. Of course! Why didn’t she think of it before? This would be perfect. It was a red party dress that showed off her curves nicely. It was a little revealing, but not too much to make her uncomfortable. She felt a bit excited as she slipped into the dress.

Alice glanced around the room at the mess. All she needed was some shoes. Next she flipped over a pile of jeans and located a box filled with her shoes. After removing the lid she smiled at the sight of the ideal pair of black heels. Now she was ready to go.

Before Alice left she texted Scarlett.

I’m on my way.

She couldn’t help but be really excited for tonight.

*************************************************************************************

“Luke, relax.” Michael warned.

Luke retorted, “Dude you can’t get mad at me for being nervous.”

“I can if you’re being annoying.”

Luke didn’t say anything.

“Come on man what’s the big deal?” questioned Michael.

“She’s just so cute…” Luke paused, “And you know I’m a little shy.”

“Yeah, especially with girls!” Michael heard Luke sigh. “Look, it’ll be fine. I can help you out tonight.” He continued.

“And she’s definitely going to be there right?”

“For the last time, yes!”

“Okay, I just wanted to make sure.”

Michael told Luke, “I know. But I really have to go now. I need to leave for the party.