Chapter 5

Alice didn’t know what to expect. All of a sudden Luke had become refreshingly exciting, it was like there was a new found adventurous side to him. And Alice couldn’t wait to see more of it.

“What exactly did you have planned?” Alice asked with a laugh.

Luke smiled, his eyes still watching the road ahead of them, “You’ll see.”

Alice used this somewhat quiet car ride to fully study Luke. She never was able to absorb his entirety during the moments they had previously shared, as she was too nervous and thoughts had clouded her mind. But now with Luke taking control, she analyzed him. She watched his deep blue eyes following the road, and even in the dark of the night they sparkled. His blonde hair seemed to have grown longer since she first met him, almost becoming curly. His smile could light up a room, it was so innocent and full of joy. She loved to watch the corners of his mouth turn up when he got nervous. Luke had the most enticing lips, and Alice wanted to kiss them again. He had broad shoulders and prominent collarbones. Alice could tell he was fit, as he was lean and his arms showed hours practicing of some sort of physical activity. Not to mention his height. Luke easily towered over her, which was something she found especially attractive. And while his height was dominant, he was still shy and acted no way superior to her. Alice’s mind was lost thinking of Luke. She hadn’t realized how long she had been staring lovingly at Luke until he interjected.

“Are you okay?” He chuckled, a smirk appearing on his face. She stared once again in awe as this was a sight she had never seen before. He usually tried to avoid as much eye contact as possible, shyly looking away. But tonight he was different. He embraced a sudden confidence, and Alice couldn’t get enough of it.

“Sorry… so uhmm where are we going?”

“Well…” Luke paused, “We’re almost there.”

Alice looked out the window realizing she didn’t recognize any of her surroundings.

“Uh Luke, where are we?”

She could see they were driving farther into the city, the buildings growing larger as they went along. She still wasn’t very familiar with this new town, so trying to identify her whereabouts wasn’t exactly easy.

“Just wait!” Luke exclaimed clearly full of excitement. He looked at Alice and his smile grew. As he looked into her big hazel eyes, full of curiosity and wonder, he couldn’t help but smile.

“Okay, okay.”

As they continued on their mostly secret journey, Alice tried not to stare at him. After she had finally got a good look at him, she didn’t want to stop. He was so endearing.

“So of all nights, why tonight? Why a Monday night?” Alice questioned.

Luke swallowed. “Well… I couldn’t wait to hang out with you again…”

The heat rushed to her cheeks. Luke looked over and saw her blushing and flashed a smile.

Finally they pulled up in front of a huge building. It seemed to be one of the largest ones near them. As they got out of the car, Luke ran around and grabbed her hand.

“Follow me.”

Alice looked surprised.

“But we have to be super quiet.”

She giggled quietly as they ran around the side of the building. Luke ducked under a fence found behind the building and motioned for Alice to repeat his actions. Hesitantly, she copied his movements. He led her towards a big grey door.

“It’s probably locked Luke.”

Luke just smiled. He bumped his hip against the door and it swung open. Alice watched in awe as he continued up countless flights of stairs with her trailing close behind. Once they reached the top, Alice was exhausted.