Chapter 6

The past few days had been exhilarating. Alice and Luke were constantly growing closer together. And with every loving look, touch, or kiss, they wanted to get even closer.

"Hey Ally," Luke called jokingly.

"Hi Luke," she replied.

Luke walked over to join her, Scarlett, and Michael, whose arm was around Scarlett by habit.

"What are you guys talking about?" Luke asked, clearly interrupting an in-depth conversation.

"Mikey is throwing a party tomorrow night." Said Scarlett.

Luke looked up from his phone. "Nice!" He turned to face Alice, "Are you going?"

"Of course." She blushed.

He smiled at her shyness. "Then I'm there."

"Okay, you two love birds. We gotta go to class, we're already late." Scarlett interjected.

Luke gave Alice a quick kiss on the cheek before turning and walking to class in the opposite direction.

Even though these kisses had become common for them, Alice still couldn't fight the rush and the butterflies in her stomach every time it happened.

*************************************************************************************

Thoughts of Luke were now a regular thing for Alice, the struggle being to focus on something other than him and his welcoming lips. But as the Michael's party got closer and closer, these thoughts caused a pit in her stomach. Alice wasn't sure why, but she was nervous. She didn't know exactly how he felt about her, and for some reason, she thought she would find out tonight.

Alice had gone to Scarlett's house before the party to get ready, and she was glad, so she didn't have to walk into the party alone like last time. Now, on the way to party, Alice was getting anxious.

"Alice?" she looked to see Scarlett staring at her from behind the wheel.

"Oh sorry... what did you say?" Alice realized that she had been talking her the whole time.

"Are you okay?"

Alice tried to put on her best fake smile. "Yeah of course!"

"Alice what's wrong?"

"I don't know... I'm just nervous."

"Why?!"

"Like I said, I don't know."

Scarlett paused, trying to diagnose the problem.

"Because of Luke?"

"Yeah."

"Well don't be. He seems to really like you."

Finally they arrived at Michael's house and Alice was able to escape this uncomfortable conversation. As soon as they got out of the car Alice could hear the loud music coming from inside. And right when they got inside it got even louder. Michael immediately saw them come in.

"Heyyy babyyy!" he yelled.

Clearly, he had already been drinking.

"Heyy," Scarlett replied before they kissed.

Michael glanced at Alice, "Damn... Luke will be glad to see you."

Scarlett playfully punched his arm. "I'll see you later." She suddenly moved closer, "Come get me at 12 to leave."

Alice watched them start to walk away before Michael whipped around to look at Alice.

"Oh and by the way, Luke is over by the kitchen." Michael said with a wink.