Chapter 3

BEEP BEEP BEEP.

BEEP BEEP BEEP.

BEEP – Alice reached over and smacked her alarm clock to silence the annoying sounds interrupting her sleep. She lazily lifted her head from her pillow to look out the window. It was already starting to be beautiful day. Beautiful. Suddenly events from the night before flooded into Alice’s mind. Luke. A warm smile appeared from ear to ear. Alice wasn’t used to having a guy’s complete attention, and until Luke’s phone call, he was all hers. She couldn’t help but like him. Just thinking back to the party, he was absolutely adorable. Luke was shy, yet outwardly attractive. His blue eyes were captivating, and Alice wanted to know more about him.

Alice quickly got out her phone from her bag. She located Scarlett’s phone number and texted her.

Hey! That was a great party last night!

She couldn’t start the conversation by immediately asking about Luke.

Scarlett replied.

Thanks! I think Luke enjoyed it too ;)

But apparently Scarlett could. Alice’s cheeks turned a dark shade of red.

Haha what do you mean?

Alice starting thinking about Luke again. He was so cute. Like the way he would constantly stare at her and look away. Or the way he stopped to watch her dance. This kind of attention was so abnormal, but yet so flattering. Buzz. Alice checked her phone to see a text from Scarlett.

Well Luke was really into you!

Alice stopped breathing. Was this true? Did Luke actually… like her?

Really? Are you sure?

Scarlett responded right away.

Yeah! He kept staring at you haha. And you should’ve seen him after you left!

Both girls replied almost instantly due to the importance of the conversation.

Why??

Well he looked kinda sad. And he didn’t talk to anyone but Michael.

Oh… wow!

Yeah! I think he really likes you!!

Really…??

Of course! I can read boys and he was definitely into you.

Alice wasn’t able to type. She became overly excited. Luke Hemmings… liked her! Her smile grew even bigger.

*************************************************************************************

Throughout the entire day Alice couldn’t stop thinking about Luke. Once he would finally escape her thoughts something would remind her of him. Alice kept wanting to text him, but so far, she hadn’t. She didn’t know what to say or how to say it. Something as direct as “I thought you are really cute” was out of the question. Then there was typical banter, but that seemed almost random. So, she waited all day to think of what to say.

But she didn’t have to any more.

Heyy its Luke… uhm Scar gave me your number :)

Luke texted her. Her heart stopped beating. She was having difficulty breathing.

Oh hi! It was nice to meet you :)

He responded right away.

It was great to meet you too! So I was wondering… if you maybe wanted to hang out with me tonight?