27 | Bouquet

27 | Bouquet

Trev placed his phone on the passenger seat, his lips turned up into a smile

Trev placed his phone on the passenger seat, his lips turned up into a smile. He was finally meeting her.

As the blue signs came into view, he whispered, "Finally," and took a turn into the parking lot. Grabbing his phone and the bouquet of flowers that he had picked out for Kim, he opened the door and stepped out, taking in a breath of fresh air. The restaurant that Kim had picked was right by the seaside. "She has good taste," he remarked, bringing the bouquet to his nose. He could not wait to meet her.

Kim sat in the restaurant, head buried in her sweatshirt. Her eyes frantically scanned the entrance to the restaurant, her stomach jittery and legs trembling. He would be showing up at any moment. Covering her face with her hands, she peeked through the gaps between her fingers.

A polished man entered the restaurant, a bouquet in one hand and his phone in another. Kim immediately sat up, grinning from ear to ear. It must be him. He whispered something into the ear of a waitress, and she smiled, pointing in Kim's direction.

He slowly made his way towards her, as she let her hands down and poked her head out of her sweatshirt.

"Hi, I'm Trev Arden. You must be Kim." He smiled, handing her the bouquet of flowers.

However, she sat frozen in her seat. "No," she whispered, "it can't be you."

"Kim?" Trev raised his brow, just as Kim stood up, a hand cupped tightly over her mouth.

"No, no, no." Kim shook her head violently, her words coming out muffled. Her body was rigid and her eyes were welling up with tears.

How could Trev be the person who raped her?