Chapter 11

Dodonna, a military authority, started to explain the plans before us, showing the blueprints of the Death Star.

He said," The battle station is heavily shielded and carries a fire power greater than half the starfleet. Its defenses are designed around a direct large-scale assault. A small, one man fighter should be able to penetrate the outer defense. "

Gold Leader, the leader of a group of Fighter pilots, addressed him, saying," Pardon me for asking sir, but what good are snub fighters going to be against that?"

Dodonna replied,"Well, the empire doesn't consider a small one-man fighter to be any threat, or they'd have a tighter defense. An analysis of the plans provided by Princess Leia has demonstrated a weakness in the battlestation."

Dodonna said," The approach will not be easy. You are required to maneuver straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point. The target area is only two meters wide. It's a small thermal exhaust port, right before the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy the station."

He began again," Only a precise hit will set up a chain reaction. The shaft is ray-shielded, so you will have to use proton torpedoes."

The young hotshot pilot sitting next to us told us," That's impossible even for a computer."

I said," If you actually paid attention once in a while, you would know its possible."

Luke explained," It's not impossible, I used to bulls-eye womprats in my T-16 back home. They're not much bigger than two meters."

I said," Oh that was so much fun." remembering the times Luke and I raced and shot at things in our T-16's.

He laughed in agreement.

Dodonna ended with," Man your ships, and may the force be with you"

We all stood up, and excited the room.

I followed Luke to the area where we can get the orange flight suits.

We slid them over our current garments, and grabbed a helmet.

We both had helmets with a red rebel alliance logo on the side.

We were going to be part of the Red group.

Once we were finished with that, Luke and I entered the large spaceship hanger, along with the two droids, R2D2 and 3PO.

R2 was loaded onto Luke's X-Wing, and another droid onto mine.

We walked up to Han, who was putting the bins holding his reward of currency into the Falcon.

Luke was the first to speak, saying," So, you got your reward and you're just leaving then?"

Han answered," That's right! Yeah. I've got some old debts I've got to pay off with this. Even if I didn't, You don't think I'd be fool enough to stick around here, do you? Why don't you come with us? You're pretty good in a fight. I could use you. And Em, do you want to come with?"

I answered before Luke did, saying," If you wanted me, you should've asked before I was needed somewhere. Those four boring months working at the bar would've been the perfect time."

Luke said," Come on! Why don't you take a look around! You know what's gonna happen, what we're up against! They could use a good pilot like you! You're turning your back on them!"

By the tone Luke used, I could tell he was getting angry, so I put a hand on his shoulder, telling him to calm down a bit.

Han replied," What good is a reward if you aren't around to use it? Besides, attacking that battle station ain't my idea of courage. It's more like..suicide."

Luke was pretty upset, so he replied," Alright, well, take care of yourself Han. I guess that's what you're best at, isn't it?"

Luke stormed around towards his X-Wing.

I looked at Han and sarcastically said," Nice job, Bigshot."

I followed Luke, then Han said," Hey, Luke..Em," We turned around, then Han said," May the force be with both of you."

We then met both Leia and Dodonna under a large space fighter.

Leia noticed the look on our face, and asked," What's wrong."

Luke and I both answered at the same time," Han."

Luke added," I don't know, I really thought he'd change his mind. "

Leia replied ," He's got to follow his own path. No one can choose it for him."

Luke said," I only wish Ben were here."

Leia gave him a hug, told both of us," Good Luck, guys.", then walked off.

Luke and I walked towards the large X-Wings.

Suddenly, another pilot with dark hair and a mustache grabbed Luke's arm, and said,"Luke! I don't believe it! How'd you get here? Are you going out with us?"

I recognized the pilot as our old friend Biggs. He recognized Luke, but not me.

"Biggs! Of course, I'll be up there with you! Listen, have I got some stories to tell you."

Biggs looked at me, then asked Luke," Who's your friend?"

I said," I have a name, you know."

He put two and two together, I guess my voice and my tone made him recognize me, and he said," Emily? Emily Jarkin? I thought I would never see you again! Oh my goodness I remember right after you left Luke was devastated and he was always talking about you."

Luke, embarrassingly said," Okay, that's enough, Biggs."

I laughed, then Biggs said," Yeah Luke if you have been hanging out with Em then I want to hear your stories."

We all laughed, then Red leader, the leader of our fighter group, walked up to us, and asked Luke," Are you....Luke Skywalker? Have you been checked out on the Incom T-65?" referring to the towering T-65 X-Wing fighters among us.

Biggs answered for him, saying," Sir, Luke is the best bushpilot in the outer rim territories."

Red Leader patted Luke's shoulder, then stopped when we got to his ship.

He told Luke, " I met your father once when I was just a boy, he was a great pilot. You'll do alright. If you've got half of your father's skill, you'll do better than alright."

Luke replied, " Thank you, sir. I'll try."

Red leader rushed to his fighter, then we walked along to Bigg's.

Biggs said," I've got to get aboard. Listen, you'll tell me your stories when we come back, alright?"

Luke replied," I told you I'd make it someday, Biggs."

Biggs said," You did, alright. It's going to be like old times, Luke and Em. We're a couple of shooting stars that can never be stopped. "

I yelled up to him, while he was climbing onto his fighter," Good luck, Biggs!"

He yelled back," Good luck, guys!"

Then Luke and headed off towards our X-Wing's.

A/N

So yes, the book is almost over. I will be doing a book off The Empire Strikes Back, and also Return of the Jedi

-Allison