Chapter 14

Luke gasped in relief, and we flew away towards Yavin.

Suddenly, there was a large boom, and in the distance, we saw the large battlestation, thought to be invincible, explode into a million pieces.

We flew into the Yavin atmosphere, and we took turns landing into the dock.

Luke got out of his X-Wing, and Leia ran towards him.

I lifted the cockpit shield, and climbed out of the fighter.

I heard Han yell," Hey! Hey!" and saw him run to Luke.

I climbed down the ladder, and landed on the ground.

First thing I did was take off my helmet.

I used the blast shield as a mirror, and quickly fixed my hair.

All of a sudden, somebody tapped my shoulder.

I turned around, and there was Wedge.

I almost forgot he survived also.

He said," Good flying out there, Em."

I said," You too, Wedge."

He added," By the way, I'm sorry about Biggs."

"It wasn't your fault. " I answered, saddened by the thought of my deceased friend.

Suddenly, Luke came towards us, and gave me a big bear hug.

He yelled," I can't believe we did it!"

I said," Oh Luke that was amazing that you got it in the shaft. The force was with you." while hugging him back.

He said," If it wasn't for you, I would've had to worry about 3 fighters instead of 2."

I laughed and said," Yeah."

He said," Come on" and we rushed towards Han and Leia.

The first I did was hug Han.

Then I gave him a kiss on the cheek and said," I can't believe you came back, Han!!"

He said,"Like I told Luke, I wasn't gonna let you get all the credit and take all the reward."

I laughed and Leia said," I knew there was more to you than money!"

Luke said," Oh no!" as another military worker pulled R2 out of the X-Wing.

3PO came up, and said," Oh, my! R2! Can you hear me? Say something!"

Then the nervous droid turned to the mechanic, and asked," you can repair him, Can't you?"

The mechanic replied," We'll get to work on him right away."

We walked out of the dock, and we had our arms around each other.

Leia said," Go take off those suits and get changed. Go to the main temple hall. We have a ceremony for you guys."

I followed Luke, then went into a separate room where I could change. I took off the orange flight suit, along with my weapon belt.Then I took off my outfit from before.

I grabbed a simple pair of tight black paints made of denim and slid them on my legs.

Next I grabbed a khaki shirt, similar to Han's, but it was a bit more feminine and it had a collar. I pulled it over my head, and tucked it into my jeans. I pulled on a belt with a small buckle after that.

I put on knee-length boots up my legs, and lastly grabbed a black jacket, and pulled my arms into it.

I took a deep breath, and buckled my weapon belt around my waist.

I walked out, to find Luke, Chewie, and Han waiting for me.

Han said," Every girl takes forever to change, especially you, Em"

I rolled my eyes, and said," Come on."

Luke and I went with our arms around each other's backs.

Han and Chewie followed us.

We entered a large temple room, and in the middle there was an isle for us to walk down. Hundreds of rebel soldiers stood side by side along the isle.

We walked down the isle, and when we were about half way, the soldiers turned forward.

Once we came to the foot of the steps, we stopped. Leia grabbed a medal from Dodonna, and placed it over my head onto my neck.

Next she did it to Luke, then to Han.

Han flirtily winked at her, and Luke and I smiled.

R2d2 came out over by 3PO, and we all laughed, relieved our little droid friend survived.

Then, we turned around, and everybody applauded us.

This was our first victory against the Empire.

A/N

This is the last chapter.

The sequel to this book will be called Dark Times, and it is about The empire strikes back.

HAN SOLO WINK AT THE END CAUSE WHY NOT XD

-Allison