Chapter 11 Strange Source

The sun was now above the ocean and gave a decent amount of light into the cave. As well as the fire was starting to go our while Adalynn played with it using a stick. As she looked into the flame she teared up thinking of how so much changed since yesterday.

Though from the corner of her eye, she could see something heading to the cave. At first, she was scared thinking that this was another attack but saw that it was the twins and Mikhail. "Everyone wake up! They are back alive!" Adalynn called out making everyone jump awake.

Casey woke up grabbing her spear and looking around looking for a battle. While Venn was already on all fours growling and scanning the room. The others except Oliver rose in alarm but relaxed seeing the twins and Mikhail walking into the cave.

Gemma, Adalynn, and Bliss surrounded the twins checking them over. "Are you guys okay? You weren't attack were you?" Bliss asked while Mikhail shook his head and gave the sign to be silent.

Eliot lets go of his sister's hand and walked over to Venn who stood at least four foot higher than the child.

"You have become a king congratulations," Eliot said looking up to the large werewolf. Venn was amazed the boy was not excited or scared of him.

Eliot then turned around to face everyone who seemed a bit confused about the boy. "Leave Oliver here he will be safe. We are going to learn about what exactly we are into. We are heading towards the center of the island." Eliot explained calmly.

After a quick breakfast, all nine of the survivors were walking through the jungle. "Why the hell are we following a fucking kid again for like past hour or so?" Xavier said complaining behind Venn. The twins lead the group while everyone else trailed behind them with Mikhail in the back.

"Because he knows something we don't and we have nothing else to go on for an answer. I am sure you don't know what those things did.  As well as why I am not dead." Mikhail responded while Xavier groaned rolling his eyes.

"Hey, that mountain is not a mountain guys it looks like a building," Gemma called out as they were getting close to seeing the large structure.

"There is more than just a large building but an entire city in the center of the island," Eliot explained as they came into the top of a mountain side revealing below the ancient city.

The city was covered in destroyed buildings and looked to still be suffering from time. Yet in the center of the abandoned city was a large pyramid that was covered in different symbols of unknown meaning.

"Come we need to head inside before I start explaining what I have learned," Eliot said as he began to lead the group down the mountain side still holding his sister's hand.

Once inside the city all of the survivors got a close look at the buildings. One small pyramid was covered in various broken pottery, it had to be a pottery shop. Another was filled with skeletons of several animals one resembled a dog while the one next to it a cow. Yet there were no human skeletons or any physical remains other than small pieces of tattered cloth that would turn to dust.