Chapter 3: A Flight of change

Opening his eyes, Xavier could not help but to grab his head as it was pounding as if he hit something extremely hard. The back of his head seemed to be fine but once Xavier touched his forehead he did cut himself seeing the blood on his hand, though must of been a cut. What his eyes caught before him confirmed even more that he was right, the plane had crashed somewhere.

There were piles of bodies dangled over seats or lying in the middle of the cramped isle way of the plane. Looking to his left he saw that the wing of the plane was on fire and half of it was missing, quickly he began to try and unbuckle his seat belt. Sadly the seat belt was jammed making Xavier stay in his one spot trying to figure out how to free himself. A flash of light came from his window next to him, it was the sun and it was beaming down hard along with giving off its intense heat. Yet the light revealed a piece of metal from the bottom of his seat in front of him nearly being pulled out.

Taking his foot Xavier began pounding at the piece of metal trying to break a piece of so he could make something sharp in order to cut his seat belt off. Eventually after a few seconds of pounding his black timberland boots a metal clang was heard as a small jagged edge of metal fell a few centimeters away from where Xavier was kicking. Using the same foot he dragged the piece over eventually picking it up with his hand beginning to saw off the seat belt in half. After a good minute of trying to cut the belt off it snapped releasing him and allowing him to stand.

Already walking over obviously dead or dead burned corpses filled the air instantly with an odor so foul it took everything Xavier had not to release his breakfast from earlier, even with his hand covering his nose and mouth. A stench he was prepared for from all his high school biology dissection labs, but he was obviously wrong. Reaching the emergency exit by the wing of the plane that wasn't blown off, Xavier pushed to door open and fell forward seeing that he was now lying in sand. Putting his head up made him see that he was on a beach by the sea while on the opposite end was a what looked to be a jungle. Confusion came onto Xavier face as he witnessed his surroundings but the smell of death shook him out of his confusion making him crawl away into fresh air.

Now he could see the whole plane laid out in both the jungle, beach, and the tail of it almost in water, it really was a plane crash.

"So you were to chicken to let me die because you knew I was going to chew you out about everything huh!?" Xavier called out to the sky as he punched the air in anger while growling letting his anger only increase.

"You take my family! My future! Now my life all together being lonely on some dumb ass island! Fuck you!" He continued to shout hoping it would offend whatever he was shouting at in the clouds. After his outburst only a shout of frustration and pure confusion escaped Xavier's lips, it was also filled with pain.

"Somebody! Help me!" A high-pitched voiced called out, obviously it clearly was a female in distress.

Xavier could not help but rush to the rescue of the female in fear of being on this island alone if he was not to save whatever girl was calling for help. Heading back into the plane full of the dead, he could hear the crying of someone as he neared the area of first class. Looking to the almost broken in half seat Xavier saw that it was the girl who waved at him earlier. Quickly the girl looked up hearing someone above her, her eyes were in tears but a smile was on her face seeing she was rescued.

"Glad to see you." The female said sniffling while trying to take her seat belt off with her hands, hers was jammed like Xavier was. Rushing back to his former seat to retrieve his make shift knife which was actually just a small sharp piece of metal he came back to the girl setting her free. The girl got up on her own with a bruise on her face while her long blonde hair was falling on her shoulders covered in ash and dirt.

"Lets get out of here. I want to see if you have any injuries...then we can see if anyone else is here alive." Xavier told the girl as he was walking back down the aisle heading for the exit, his new female companion right behind him. Once onto the beach Xavier check the young girls body over visually to see only minor scratches, bruises, and dirt. Silenced remained against the two while Xavier gave his make shift medical check.

"Thank you for saving me. My names is Gemma. Whats yours?" Gemma asked while she sat on the beach smiling at Xavier, still innocent as when he saw her when things were normal.

Now that Xavier was looking her over he got a full view of her blonde hair and blue eyes, she was pretty even being covered in cuts and bruises

"Xavier. Can you walk? If you can then we need to check the plane for more survivors like us." Xavier said to the girl as he stood up but before she could even reply he was already heading back towards the plane to do what he asked of Gemma himself.

Inside the plane Xavier and Gemma had came across a total of eight other survivors of the dozens of dead bodies, some how with the both of them they had stumbled upon eight more survivors. Each one only receiving minor injuries, though while all the survivors were on the beach together Xavier decided to check the plane once more for any more survivors. As he was done searching seeing nothing but charred or destroyed bodies he came on the face of his mother. 

The face of his mother showed fear while she held onto the hand of someone else but their was no body connected to said hand Xavier's mother held. Xavier assumed it must of been his father she was holding but looking down on her face made him feel a wave of anger, betrayal, and sadness. He could even recall during his eighteenth birthday months ago of how she promised to always love him no matter what and he believed it still even if she had to participate on abandoning him because of his father. Slowly he got onto one knee and kissed his dead mother forehead, tears began rolling down his face. Xavier knew that she never wanted to leave him as she did try her best to save her son from her husband, even if it was all in vain anyway.

Still sobbing he went towards the interlocked hands and tossed the dismembered hand into a chair holding his deceased mothers cold hand. Her wedding ring that was on her finger was covered in diamonds was now being taken off by Xavier as he held it. "I love you mom..." Xavier said standing up and making his way for the exit of the plane, he planned to see and check on the other survivors.