1

Allen Iverson

"You're dating the Mariah Carey, Allen?" Allen laughed at his mom and nodded as her eyes doubled in size.

"Boy, how did you do that!? I'm impressed!" He sat back and shook his head with a blissful smile on his face.

"We met through mutual friends. She's beautiful, caring, and hilarious. I'm really feeling her." His mother had never seen him this flustered. She was excited about his happiness.

He broke up with the mother of his two children a few months ago and it really affected him.

After a couple of years in a very unhealthy relationship, he decided he no longer wanted to be apart of that.

"We have a date tomorrow night. I'm really looking forward to it. I actually should be calling her soon. I'll see you in a little bit, ma." Allen stood up from his seat and walked towards his bedroom to call his new girlfriend.

Mariah Carey

"Mimi! You have a caller!" Mariah looked up from the Jet magazine in her hands and furrowed her eyebrows before taking the phone from her assistant's hand.

"Hello?"

"Hey, baby. You miss me yet?"

"Babe! I wasn't expecting you to call me! I missed your voice." Mariah smiled and closed her eyes as she laughed with Allen.

"I can't wait to see you. Tomorrow night is our night. You know, I watched your performance last night on David Letterman. You killed it. I'm so proud of you."

"You think so? I could've done better. I feel like-"

"Be quiet. You were great and you looked fine as hell."

"Okay, Allen. I appreciate the compliment. You're very sweet to me. And thank you for the flowers. They're beautiful." She looked over at the vase of white roses on the dining table and admired them all over again.

"Anything for my girl. I just wanted to show my appreciation. You've been good to me for the past month and I really like you."

"Tomorrow can't get here fast enough! I need to see you, baby!"

"Be patient, beautiful. I'll see you soon."

"You're such a tease."

-

Mariah happily ran through her hotel room as she went to get ready for Allen's game and their date.

Feeling good and confident, she decided to wear a pink mini skirt with a matching spaghetti strap top after taking a long bath.

"Mariah, you have a gift from your man!" Maryann, one of Mariah's backup singers, walked towards Mariah with a vase of red roses and a gift bag.

"Tiffany's! He knows me so well!" She pulled out the small box and squealed as soon as she saw the personalized charm bracelet.

"He is so thoughtful. I'm so lucky, Maryann." The smile on her face grew even bigger than before as she put the vase on the coffee table.

"Can you help me with this? I have to leave in a few." She held out her wrist and watched as her friend out the bracelet in place.

"I hope you have a good time. You've been working hard lately and you definitely deserve this weekend off."

"I'm so tired, Maryann. I know I'm gonna have a good night. I'm excited about spending alone time with Allen. Every time we're together, there's someone around. I need this date at this point."

Allen Iverson

It was game time and Allen spotted his superstar girlfriend sitting court side with a drink in her hand, watching everyone on the court closely.

The excitement around her being at the game certainly had people asking who's she there to see.

Mariah, being the private person she is, didn't give much information about her love life. Her divorce was brutal and really hurt her emotionally.

The media didn't help the situation at all with spreading lies about who she was associated with. She didn't want Allen getting his name dragged through the mud like hers and her ex husband's.

"Damn, she looks good tonight." Allen continued to dribble the ball as Chris Webber looked over at Mariah.

"That's you, right?" Allen nodded and smirked as she winked and waved at him.

"I've never seen her in person. Is it okay if I'm a little starstruck?" They looked at each other and shared a laugh before Allen nodded.

"I don't blame you. I was at first. She's so damn fine." He dapped Chris up and looked back over at Mariah.

"She's so down to earth. She's just a regular girl. I really like her, man."

~

Sometimes I wish they really would've been a couple but we don't always get what we want