2

After a tough loss, Mariah waited for Allen in her limo as he held a press conference. He looked angry and she didn't know how to comfort him.

Should I just hug and kiss him? Do I even say anything to him about it?

Interrupting her thoughts, Allen opened the door and got in next to her.

"Hey, baby. Are you hungry? Let's go eat?" He nodded and rested his head on her shoulder as she sipped her champagne.

"Don't do that. I know you want to say something. Go ahead." She rolled her eyes with a soft laugh before wrapping her right arm around him.

"Well, I just want to know what happened. That was a mess." He looked up at her and laughed at the goofy look on her face.

"You lucky I like you. I just had an off night. I got distracted."

"Was it me? I'm sorry, babe." He shook his head before giving her a quick kiss, easing her worries.

"Stop stressing. If you keep that up, that beautiful head of yours is gonna get clouded up. You need to keep your head on straight for that next number one album." He kissed her again and moved down to her neck, leaving a soft kiss in the crook before sighing softly.

"There's something else on your mind, baby girl. Tell me." She caressed his head and closed her eyes with a sad smile as she tried to hold back her tears.

"I'm worried about my next album. What if it flops? Tommy is breathing down my back and I'm having writer's block at the moment." Allen rested his forehead on hers and attempted to comfort her as she started crying.

"Don't ruin your makeup, baby. Don't stress yourself out. Don't let him get to you. Do you need some time away from everyone?" She nodded before letting out a quiet sob.

"Look, I'll send you to Paris for as long as you want and let you clear your head. Stop crying, Mimi." He wiped her tears away as the limo came to a stop.

"I think we're here. You still want to eat or do you want to go somewhere more private?"

"No, let's go inside. I'm okay. I promise." She smiled and kissed his cheek before sitting her glass down.

-

"That was fun. I really needed that alone time with you, darling." Mariah wrapped her arms around Allen's neck with a slight smile on her face.

"I'm glad you had a good time. I love to see that beautiful smile on that face." She playfully rolled her eyes, making him laugh out loud.

They stared at each other as the rain started to come down. "Well, this is lovely."

She ran her hands over her hair with a squeal before stepping into the hotel lobby with Allen following closely.

For the first time in a while, she felt like a normal person. She didn't have to put on a front for anybody.

Allen appreciated her for being herself and for that, she gave him a kiss after they stepped into the elevator.

"What was that for?" She shrugged and hugged him tightly before taking off his jacket.

"No, I want you to keep it. Whenever you feel sad or discouraged and I'm not there to comfort you, just hold onto this jacket." He stepped back, still holding her left hand when they eventually reached her floor.

She started to pout as he let go. "I'm gonna miss you, Allen. Call me when you get home."

He nodded with a wink just before the doors closed.

Mariah eventually walked to her room, completely satisfied with how her evening went.