8

"It's finally done! Thank GOD."

Mariah took a deep breath and closed her eyes before bringing her glass of champagne to her lips. Content and satisfied, she played the song back to hear the final mix. She couldn't stop smiling as she thought about Allen.

They've only been together for a short period of time, but she felt something special between the two of them. She made a vow to never let a man control her in any manner again. He's been supportive of her every move, which was something she didn't receive during her first marriage.

"Thank God I found you, I was lost without you."

Those words. They were haunting and true in this predicament.

Mariah was so into her own little world, she did didn't notice the door behind her opening and closing. Two hands covered her eyes and mouth and she screamed before shooing their hands away. All of a sudden, she recognized the scent and laugh. Her heart started racing as she stood up to jump into his arms.

She had her man back.

"I'm sorry, baby. It was too easy. I hope I didn't scare you too bad." She playfully rolled her eyes before standing back on her feet. She immediately gave him a long kiss and tight embrace. She didn't want him to leave her any time soon and for the first time in a long time, they have one on one time without anyone barging in or calling them.

"Let's sit here. I want you to hear something very important." She pulled him to one of the seats in front of the recording deck and sat on his knee as she restarted the song she's been working so hard on.

"Don't laugh at me, but the name of this track is Thank God I Found You. This is the song I've been keeping from you." She moved over to sit on the chair opposite of Allen's to watch for his reaction.

Her mind was going berserk when he looked down at his hands with a smirk. "This is like your pledge of love to me?" He reached out to pull her onto his lap as her cheeks got rosy from embarrassment.

"I wouldn't say all THAT, but it's something similar. I just wanted to thank you. Thank you for being with me, even though I'm a mess."

"I'm always gon' be here. Whether you like it or not. You're not getting rid of me."