4

Allen watched Mariah as she slept, mesmerized by her beauty and the innocence on her face.

They had a wonderful evening together over a candle lit dinner. It was intimate and sublime in every way possible.

"Why do you like me so much?" Mariah looked at Allen with intense curiosity as he reached across the table to grab her hand.

"You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. Inside and out. I've known you for a few months and to have you as my friend and girlfriend is a true blessing."

The smile on her face grew so large, Allen laughed and squeezed her hand before kissing it.

She sighed softly before standing up to lead him to the balcony of her hotel room.

"Thank you for taking the time to listen to me, Allen. No one does. I'm a regular person. I have feelings just like everyone else." Mariah looked into his eyes with a slight smile before wrapping her arms around his waist.

She rested her head on his chest with her eyes closed as a slight breeze made her shiver.

Allen wrapped his arms tightly around her, causing butterflies to form in her stomach.

"I wrote a little something today. It's about you. I've had this melody in my head all day. I'll show you the lyrics later." She looked up at him and gave him a quick peck before resting her right hand on his cheek.

"A song about me? No one has ever done that for me. You really care about me, don't you?" She nodded eagerly as he tucked some of her hair behind her ears.

They stared at each other intensely before laughing out loud. "I haven't laughed and smiled this much since our last date."

"I can't stop smiling around you. You're the most beautiful person I know, Allen."

In Mariah's eyes, Allen was the perfect gentleman. Much like herself, he's experienced the bad side of fame.

He's too hood for Mariah.

He's not good enough for Mariah.

He's from the streets and is too much of a roughneck for her.

For multiple years, she had people tell her how to live her life. Now, after divorcing her boss and former mentor Tommy Motolla, she had to live on her own and make her own decisions.

Going from being cooped up in a huge mansion in upstate New York to living as a single woman in the city, life got real for Mariah. She was absolutely ready for whatever life had to offer her.

"Good morning, handsome. Did you even fall asleep?" She kissed his cheek before getting out of bed. He admired the silk nightgown that stopped mid thigh, showing off her long legs.

"I'm gonna go take a shower. Could you order us some breakfast?" He continued to admire which caused her to toss a pillow at his head.

"Yeah! Damn, girl!" She laughed as she walked into the bathroom quickly. Looking in the mirror, she stared at the mark Allen left on her neck.

She shook her head with a soft laugh before walking over to the shower to turn the water on. "I'm gonna kill Allen."

-

I love #MarAllen. #AlRiah? I can't think of a good ship name so