3

"Allen truly is a man of his word." Mariah smiled as she walked around the suite her boyfriend had reserved for her.

She sat her purse on the couch and walked to the bedroom, falling into her queen sized bed.

She sighed as she finally relaxed for the first time in months. The only thing missing was Allen.

"What am I gonna do for the next week?" She looked at her watch and groaned after kicking her heels off.

Her eyelids began to feel heavy as soon as she moved towards the pillows for a nap until her cell phone went off.

"Can I have just five minutes to myself?" She got out of bed and made her way back into the living room to grab her purse.

"This is Mariah."

"I'm guessing you made it there safely." As soon as she heard her mother's voice, she squealed and made her way back to the bedroom.

"I needed to hear your voice, mommy. I miss you. Are you sure you can't come out here?"

"I'm sorry, honey. I can't. I'll see you in New York next week, tho."

"Mom, I can't wait for you to meet Allen. He's such a great guy. You're gonna love him."

"I bet he is. You sound smitten. I hope he's treating you right."

"He is. I adore him. He's really sweet. He paid for the entire trip. He didn't have to do that. It's beautiful and peaceful. I really needed this."

"I hope you get to clear your mind, sweetheart. I'm gonna go to bed. I love you."

"Goodnight, mommy."

She reluctantly hung up and smiled as she made her way to the kitchen. She opened a bottle of champagne, pouring some in a crystal glass.

A knock on the door caused her to jump, almost dropping her drink.

"Wait a sec. I'll be right there." She downed the glass before walking over to open the door.

She looked around, confused as to who knocked on her door. The only thing there was a vase of red roses.

Intrigued, she picked them up and sniffed them before stepping back into her room.

"Mimi, I hope you're having a great trip so far. I can't wait to see you soon. Meet me on the roof at 7."

The roof?

It was almost 7:10 as Mariah impatiently waited for this mystery person to arrive. As she started to think about her boyfriend and what he was up to, two hands grabbed her waist. "What the heck!?" As soon as she felt a pair of lips touch her neck, she relaxed and smacked Allen's arm.

"What are you doing here!? I thought you were busy!" She turned around in his arms and kissed him hard, moaning softly as he squeezed her. She was the first to pull away and laughed as it started raining suddenly.

"I missed you. I knew you would be lonely, so I asked coach to give me a few days off. I know you were supposed to be here alone to clear your head, but I needed to see you."

Mariah couldn't help but to smile as she stared at him. This feeling she felt in her stomach was weird and she had never felt like this before. Her ex-husband never made her feel this way.

"Let's get out of this rain first. My hair is a mess and make up probably look a mess right now!" They made their way back to her hotel room quickly, grabbing towels from the bathroom as soon as they got there.

She looked in the mirror and grimaced when she saw her eye makeup running down her face. "I'm sorry you have to see me like this. I look a mess!" Allen shook his head as she wiped away her mascara and wrapped one of his arms around her before taking the wet wash cloth from her hand.

"You look beautiful, baby. I love this. I've never seen you smile like the way you did on the rooftop. It was like a wall was starting to come down. You were letting me in." She looked down as she felt tears starting to form in her eyes.

"I really like you. I haven't felt this way about somebody in a long time. Allen, you are an incredible guy. I enjoy being with you. You make me laugh so hard. I'm so happy." He rested his forehead on hers as she closed her eyes gently.

They stood together silently, holding each other as she cried tears of joy.