Moral Directions

Kesuk's house was beautiful. Intricate wall designs sculpted to perfection with ice, it seemed as though it was a painting, nothing in the fire nation had ever seemed this calm and beautiful, everything there seemed red and angry. Kesuk laughed gently as I looked around the house in amazement.

"If you think this is cool, you should see the royal palace."

Kesuk says with a hand on an icy wall. I stare up at him and smile- a genuine smile, my face feels weird, I'm not used to smiling. 

"There's a place even more beautiful than this? Unbelievable." 

I scoffed, Kesuk laughed at me and patted my head. before walking further down the hallway, waving me along with him. In that moment, I forgot what I came to the Water Tribe for, I forgot who I was. In that moment- I was Yuzuki, a nonbender who had escaped the Fire Nation.

The next two weeks rushed by, I had found out that Kesuk's dad was a very highly ranked official, and Kesuk was in the army. My heart pained to think about him fighting the Fire Nation. My people were ruthless, and they would not hold back on him. I swiped the thoughts away, I was here to capture the Avatar, and end this war. I was snapped out of my thoughts by the voice of Kesuk's slightly younger brother, Suluk's strong voice.

"Yuzuki, did you hear? The Avatar has arrived in the Water Tribe! We've been invited to a feast in his honor. I can't believe I'll get to see the Avatar in real life!" 

My eyes widened and my heart raced, he was finally here, that means Zuko and Zhao weren't far behind, while I had been wasting time with Kesuk, I had almost completely forgotten that I needed to practice my firebending. Suluk had wandered off, leaving me to my thoughts again. I needed to find a safe spot to firebend. I sighed, scrunching my head in thought as my hand flew up to my forehead, rubbing it. 

"There must be some place I can firebend without melting everything." 

I muttered to myself, I wandered through the streets of the Water Tribe, the small train on my dress dragging behind me. Kesuk had given me new clothes, they made me look as though I was a noblewomen. I smiled at the thought of Kesuk. 

"Yuzuki!" 

I dark voice yelled at me, I whipped around to see Kesuk's dark features  running towards me. I smiled widely, my eye scrunching in happiness. 

"What are you doing out here? We have to get ready for the feast."

Kesuk states as he grabs my hand, and drags me back home. My cheeks flushing, as my mind forgets about that Avatar, only focusing on the Water Tribe boy in front of me. 

______________

A/N Hey guys! I just realized that I've never even left an authors note! I feel the need to apologize for the lack of updates, my life is quite busy, but I can finally work on this again. While reading this, I get major cringe but most of you seem to like this story, so I'll continue writing it. I know it's pretty awful, but thank you for your support! Till next time my readers.

-Mina