The Beginning of the End (pt. two)

As I looked around, I saw the most beautiful sight. Two bridges leading to a pond surrounded by trees and grass. I quickly wiped off my tears, and walked across a bridge, revealing Katara, Aang, and Princess Yue. I quickly bowed out of respect, but the Princess waved me off. As I stood to my feet, Katara hugged me. 

¨I am glad you are here, Yuzuki! You're friend let us know you'd be coming.¨ I smiled and hugged her back. Once we let go of each other. I took off my large parka coat because of the heat of the area. Princess Yue explained that it was so warm because it was the spiritual center of the North Pole. I looked to the pond in the center. In it were two koi fish, one white with a black dot, and one black with a white dot. I quickly knelt down in respect for the spirits. I had only read about the ocean and moon spirits in books, I did not think I would ever see them in person. 

¨Yuzuki, what are you doing?¨ 

Aang asked. I looked towards him and stood. 

¨I was paying my respects.¨

Aang and Katara looked at me a bit strangely, but let it go.

¨It's so tranquil here.¨

Aang said as he sat cross legged and began to meditate. I remained still and quiet. I knew Aang was trying to get to the spirit world. 

¨Why is he sitting like that?¨

Yue asked. I had to stop myself from scoffing at her. Was it not obvious? 

¨He's meditating, trying to cross over into the spirit world. It takes all his concentration.¨

Katara explained to Yue.

¨Is there anyway we can help?¨

I almost shushed them to be quiet, but thankfully Aang took care of it.

¨How about some quiet? Come one guys! I can hear every word that you're saying!¨

Katara and Yue meekly looked away, and I laughed to myself. He was right after all. Aang continued to stare at the spirits, swimming around one another. 

I flinched, as a bright light emanated from him tattoos. He was there in the spirit world. I couldn't stop a part of me from thinking that now, while he was vulnerable, would be the best time to attack him. I shook those thoughts from my head. I was drawn out from my thoughts by a familiar voice. My eyes widened. 

¨Well aren't you a big girl now?¨

Zuko emerged from a corner, I quickly turned around in hopes of hiding myself. 

No Zuko could not be here right now. He could ruin everything. 

¨NO!¨

Katara shouted

¨Yes!¨

Zuko replied, coming closer to us. Katara got in a fighting stance, as I ran over to Aang. I muttered an apology to Aang as slowly took my contacts out, uncovering my true eye color. I checked my pocket for my dagger, and there I found it. My necklace hot on my neck I knew I could never change who I really was. As I stared at Zuko, I knew I would have to end up fighting him. 

Zuko came at Katara first, his fire bending skills were still nothing to be amazed by, but he had improved. Katara fought off all of his attacks, as I moved Aangs body to a safer corner. Katara knocked Zuko off of his feet and flashbacks began to attack me. The things I had done to Zuko, the scar I had left him with. I shook my head and ran to Princess Yue, holding her hand in comfort. Katara and my brother continued fighting, and honestly I was embarrassed for Zuko. 

I hope people don't look at Zuko and think that the rest of the royal family are awful at fire bending. 

I thought to myself. Katara trapped Zuko in an ice sphere and I cheered her on. Unfortunately, Zuko melted the ice and continued his fight. Katara once again overtaking Zuko and freezing him to a wall. Zuko looked down, luckily not paying much attention to me. 

As soon as I thought we were safe from my crazy brother, I felt it. The sun rise. I felt my body recharge of power and I knew our peace was ending. Knowing Katara would be unable to take Zuko out by herself, I prepared myself to fight my brother again after three long years. 

The sun began to shine on Zuko and he looked up once more, melting away the ice. Zuko struck Katara and she fell away. 

"You rise with the moon, I rise with the sun."

Zuko said, grabbing Aang. I took a deep breath. 

"Not so fast, you'll have to get through me if you want him."

Zuko whipped around and faced me. 

"You!" 

"Me."

I said and shrugged. Zuko began plastering me with fire, his bending growing stronger from the anger he felt about seeing me. I dogged all of him attacks.

"Honestly, after all these years you've barely improved. You're still a disgrace."

Zuko shot fire at my and I interrupted it with my own flames. The blue flames reflecting off of the walls. I heard gasps around me and I knew there was no more hiding who I was. Zuko was valiant in his attacks, but I was still stronger than him. My flames over took his time and time again, and eventually, I was right next to him. As the flames faded between us, I touched his scar gently, and he threw my hand off, immediately putting his hands up in defense. And then I felt a sharp pain to my head, and as I fell to the ground, my last image was Zuko taking Aang, and running away. 

When I woke up, my hands were bound and Sokka had come with Appa. 

"What happened?!"

Sokka asked. Katara glared at me and looked back at Sokka.

"She's a fire bender! She been lying to us and she helped Zuko take Aang!"

"That's not true!"

I pleaded with them, Sokka looked stunned, and then his eyes filled with anger, his body physically shaking. 

"Where did Zuko take Aang? What have you done!"

"I don't know! I'm not working with Zuko!"

Katara's voice rang in 

"That's not true! he was familiar with you!"

I hung my head down, how was I supposed to explain to her my relationship with Zuko? I couldn't simply say that he was my brother but I was the one who banished him and basically was the reason he was chasing them. 

"Katara,how did you capture her and not Zuko?"

Sokka asked, scoffing in disgust at the word 'her'.

"She was closest to me, and I threw a rock at her head. I didn't have enough strength to do anything about Zuko though.. He took Aang right from under me!"

My head throbbed, so that's how I had been taken out. A dumb rock. Sokka looked down at me, with rage swimming in his eyes, a fire so intense I was tempted to look away. But I was stronger than that, I was not some useless non bender, I was Fire Nation royalty. I looked Sokka straight back in the eyes.

"I'm only going to ask you this once; how do you know Zuko?"

My eyes hardened and I stared back at Sokka with an intensity even my father would shy away from. I was no longer going to hide myself, I was no longer going to delude myself from the truth. 

"I am Princess Sozia of the Fire Nation, it was me who banished Zuko, and he is my brother."