New Ozai

I'm not entirely sure how long I lied there, tears streaming down my face. Time seemed to stop. Nothing else mattered except for this, right now. Nothing else mattered except for the the lifeless body of Kesuk lying in front of me.

I knew that someone grabbed onto me, but I felt if though the water surrounding me had swallowed me whole.  

My body rose, not from my doing, but from someone dragging me upward. I tried to look through the water, through the tears, and all the pain- but I couldn't. I was drowning, sinking, and nothing could pull me out. As I began to be drug away from the body of the man I loved, I realized, he was not the only one who died there; no a part of me also died there with him, a part I once knew as Yuzuki.

The next time I regained what could be called consciousness, I was floating on a small raft, with another person sitting right in front of me, wearing torn clothes. I made sure not to make any sudden movements, for fear that they were going to attack me.

"I know you're awake, Princess Sozia." 

A deep voice called out.

My heart jumped a bit but I held my composure. I sat up slowly and looked closer at the man. He was wearing a very beat up Fire Nation uniform. My heart settled, I was safe.

"Pretty hard getting you out of there, you know you shouldn't have revealed yourself like that."

I snapped up my head and glared at the man, fire sparking out of my fingertips.

"Excuse me, but who are you to condemn what I do? You are merely a solider, and I am the Princess of your nation! How dare you mock me!" 

The solider laughed out, his shoulders shaking with emotion.

"Excuse me miss, but those are both just labels, we're both still humans, aren't we? Besides,"

He says turning around, and finally looking me in the face, still rocking with laughter.

"Weren't you the one that I found, grasping onto the body of a dead Water Tribe boy?"

Anger flared up in me, flames exploded out from around my body. The man just waved away my blue flames with his own dark orange ones, still smiling up at me. 

"You better get your emotions under control, someone can take advantage of that."

I huffed my breath and sat back down, looking into the water below us. The waves, shifting constantly under us lulled me into a deep sleep.

I awoke to our raft hitting onto a shore. We must have traveled quite far, because only green surrounded me.

"Welcome to the Earth Kingdom, your highness."

I glanced at the solider, and stepped off of the raft. 

"How can I get word to the Fire Nation?"

I asked in a monotonous voice. 

"If we walk a ways up, there's a village where you can send a hawk from."

"Lead the way, then."

I demanded. We began to walk through the thick forest. I missed the snow covered ground of the Water Tribe, but only for a moment. I shook the memories, along with the feelings out of my head. If I were to beat the Avatar, I would need to be solely dedicated to the cause. 

As we entered the city, I knew exactly where we were. The City of Two Lovers. We had arrived at Omashu. 

Upon entering the gates, I came to find that my father's plan of overtaking Omashu had proved successful. Fire Nation flags hung from every building, and everywhere I looked there were men in red uniforms. I smirked, it felt nice to be surrounded by bits of home, even if it was in the Earth Kingdom. 

"Princess, you have arrived. Welcome to New Ozai."

I heard a deep voice state, I looked to the side of me to locate the sound of the voice, finding it to be one of my old friends, Mai's, father bowing down to me.

"Ukano." I said, looking straight ahead once more.

"Are you the governor now?"

I inquired, I already knew the answer however, it had been a topic my father and I had discussed long before now. 

"Yes, your highness."

I paused

"Is Mai here?"

"Yes."

Ukano replied swiftly. I smiled. 

"Please tell her to meet me at seven this evening, we have much to discuss."

I walked forward, and away before awaiting his answer. Even if I had waited, I already knew the answer. He wouldn't dare say no to me regardless of the situation.

I was swiftly shown my way to the governors house, and the room that I would be staying in. I glanced at the mirror on the wall. As I stared at the torn blue silk draped around my body, flashes of memories surrounded me. Aang, the Moon Spirit- Kesuk. My fingers trailed up to my lips, in an unconscious attempt to remember what his lips felt like against mine, what it felt like to be next to him. Tears fell from my eyes as my knees gave out from under me and my body shook from silent sobs. 

A knock brought me back to reality. I stood up and wiped my cheeks clear of the tears. 

"Who is it?"

I said, willing my voice to come out strong and stoic. 

"I'm the maid, your highness, I've brought new clothes for you."

I looked down and my once beautiful silk dress and frowned.

"Yes just bring it in here."

The maid was in and out in a second. Leaving the red and black clothing on the bed, and scampering away. I walked over to the bed, and began to undress. Throwing the layers of silk into random corners of the room.  I slipped my body through the black pants and red top of the outfit. It was rough and coarse against my skin, it felt cold and uninviting. Nevertheless, I threw on the armored top around my shoulders, and tied the black satin drapery around my waist. Tying my hair back and adorning it with a large fire emblem clip. I glanced at myself once again in the mirror.

Yes, I thought, touching my clothes. This is who I am, I am Sozia. I am strong. And I will defeat the Avatar.

As I walked out of the room, I looked over my shoulder to see the pile of blue silk. I smirked, and left the room, the pile of clothes burning in the background.