Chapter 5

It's very dark outside. I can hear the rain tapping on the windows. I am waiting, but for what I have no idea. On the other side of the room, the constant ticking of the clock is irritating the hell out of me. It seems like I know this place as if I have been here a lot of time. I don't know why I feel some bad omen in the whole aura. Like something wrong is about to occur. Suddenly I am welcomed by his voice.

"Waiting for me."

"W-what are...what are you doing here?" I stammered in fear. What is he doing here, anyway? Where am I? What should I do now? I looked here and there to find out if there was any way I could escape this.

"You look ravishing in red." He licked his lips openly checking me out.

"I think I should leave." I nervously told him and turned my back towards him to leave.

"Oh, you will not. Just not so soon. " He grabbed me from behind and pressed his crotch into my ass.

"Leave me... you scoundrel...please..... leave."

He pushed me on the desk. I was now lying flat on my back. He tried to kiss me, but I kicked him in his groin. He moaned and groaned in pain. I left my belongings there and started running from that monster. I pressed the lift button and prayed God to save me. I think I heard his voice, he must be trailing behind me. I jumped in fear and took the stairs to escape.

When I stepped outside the office building, my clothes were drenched due to rain, but that was the least of my worries. I ran with all my might, as fast as I could. I looked back to see if he was still there. Big mistake. He grabbed me and I screamed.

I wake up with a scream. It's just a dream. A bad dream. Nothing is real. Calm down. Breathe in slowly. Breathe out. I took my advice and attempted to steady myself, but I was still shaking badly. This must be the after effects of the nightmare. I turned to the left side of my bed and picked up the alarm clock. It said that it's 3 am in the morning.

I threw my covers on the side and hopped from my bed. I rushed to the bathroom, did my deed and then saw my reflection in the mirror. Sweat was beginning to bead on my forehead. What I saw in front of me wasn't a strong, confident girl who can take any challenge head on, but a girl who was scared. But that does not change the fact that you gave up. His words resonated in my ears like a broken record.

I opened the faucet of the tap and washed my face. My face was still in heat. I began rinsing it again and once more. It almost felt like I wasn't cleaned enough. I dried my face with a towel and then I heard the voice I dreaded the most.

"You look ravishing in red."

I screamed and screamed again. Wake up. Wake up. It's just a bad dream. Wake up. My body was paralyzed with terror. For some seconds I could not even move. I think my body was in shock for a moment. When I recovered from the fact that it was a nightmare, I finally felt my muscle. With shaky hands, I tried to reach my alarm clock. It's still 3 am in the morning. I sighed in relief and chuckled. Thank God it was just a dream. Calm down, girl, calm down. I breathed in and out to calm myself.

I threw my covers to the side and slipped from the bed. I went to the bathroom and saw my reflection in the mirror. But that does not change the fact that you gave up. His words were still ringing in my ears. But that will have to change tomorrow. I promise. I rinsed my face and dried it with a towel. I went back and laid down on the bed. That will have to change tomorrow. With a sheer determination of a promising change, I went to sleep again.