Chapter Five: First (real) Day!

Starseeker's POV:

     "It's MORNING!" Kinkajou sang, effectively waking me up from under Carnelian's wing. "Isn't that WONDERFUL?"

     After removing my head from Carnelian's side, I looked up, only to see Moon blinking sleepily. stretching her wings out, Carnelian looked at me, confused, before speaking grouchily. "It's the opposite of wonderful." And flung one of her wings over her head and the other over my back.

     "We get to meet our winglet today!" Kinkajou cried. "Isn't that exciting?" She nudged Moon's tail with her own, and then plunked herself down on the moss besides her.

     "What does that mean, our winglets?" Moon asked curiously, asking the question that was on everyone's mind but Kikajou's.

     "Oh, it's the best idea," Kinkajou apraised. "I mean, all right, I was a little worried about it at first because I was, like, ACK that means I'll have to make friend's with a NIGHTWING, but now there's nothing to worry about, because you two are just lovely and not in the business of kidnapping and experimenting on dragons after all. Right?" She looked at Moon and I.

     "Right," Moon agreed, her brain still filled with mush. "What?"

     "We've been organized into five winglets," She continued on, ignoring Moon's comment. "Get it? It's not a wing of dragons, it's a smaller group, so it's a winglet. Five groups of seven dragonets, eight in this case, with one, or two, dragons from each tribe. We're in the Jade Winglet; my friend Tamarin is in the Gold Winglet. The idea is that we'll work together and then we'll get to know each other and never want war ever again! It's brilliant, I love it. I can't wait to meet our SeaWing, they sound so weird. Let's go, let's go, let's go!"

     Kinkajou seized Moon's tail and I tried to stifle a laugh, 'This is the most I've laughed in... Forever, really...' I trailed off as I saw Moon squirm around, trying to escape from the RainWings talons.

     "We have to go to the library." Moon and I said/thought at the same time. We needed to learn more about Dreamvisitors. If the person I heard last night really was talking to someone through a Dreamvisitor, I'll need to know more about it first.

     "You two can't go to the library now," She held up a little board with chalky words written on it. "We have our first class with our winglet this morning."

     The sound of the bronze metal gong being struck vibrated through the halls three times.

     "That's the first warning." Kinkajou said. "Come on Moon!" She grabbed a scroll and threw it at my twin's head. "We have to figure out where our meeting cave is."

     Moon sighed as she stood and looked at me, before walking out together.

     Carnelian lifted her wings and jumped off of the ledge, I turned my head slightly in confusion before she spoke. "Well, we have three minutes to get there, I know where it is. Let's go."

     I nodded and skipped up to her, jumping onto her back and curling up into a small ball. From a distance, all other dragons would see was a red dragon with a black ball on their back.

     Carnelian was glaring at everyone who gave me a second look until they noticed and looked away.

      'Oh, there's that weird NightWing who doesn't talk.'

    'She's the one that tried to steal that IceWing's scavenger.'

   'She seems stuck up like all of the other NightWings, doesn't want to make friends with anyone.'