Chapter Six: Vision Time! Yay! (Not)

Starseeker's POV:

Moon and I rose through the clouds, little water droplets covering our scales as we did so. It was quiet here, but I could still hear the small whispers of Qibli's thoughts from below me.

Moon and I caught the smell of an animal as we flew over a small mountain. We looked down in sync. It was a goat that was clambering between a few rocks, it hasn't seemed to notice the dragons flying above it yet. Moon and I looked at each other and paused.

'Ready?' I asked her, looking into her eyes with excitement. I absolutely loved hunting

"Well, of course I am!" She explained out loud as we both nodded and swooped down, avoiding random trees and rocks. The games had begun.

Moon came from behind the goat, making the goat see her, as I swooped behind a rock not far from the goat. Since I was so small, I could easily not be seen by the smaller goat. As the goat started to come closer, I spread my large wings subtly and crouched. When I could see the edge of the goats horns, I jumped.

I jumped onto the goat, instantly killing it, and flew into the air quickly, Moon following close behind.

'HA! I won!' I cheered as I flew in circles above Moon, making sure to keep a good grip on the dead goat.

"You cheated!" She yelled up at me, trying to tag my tail like she did when we were smaller. "You used your surroundings!"

I paused and looked back at her, making her stop so she wouldn't knock us both out of the air. 'Nuh-Uh! We never said anything about that!' I yelled into her mind as Qibli swooped next to me.

"Wow!" He said, shocked. "How did you do that? Carnelian, did you see that?"

Carnelian swooped closer to us as her name was called. "Yeah, but I thought NightWings couldn't hunt." She said, slightly suspicious of how we caught the goat that well.

"We taught ourselves how to hunt. We kind of needed to, with our Mother leaving us alone a lot," Moon said as I inspected the goat silently.

"Oh." He paused. "Well, I'm going to need more practice to figure out how to hunt here. The land is too folded. Too many hiding places. Give me a flat desert and some half asleep lizards any day." He said.

I doubt that, I thought, scoffing silently. He's already getting used to it, he just wants to make it seem like he isn't. He wants to seem like he's learning with us, but why?

"Nice work, Moon." Tsunami said, swooping down while holding a net full of fish. "Star." She nodded at me as I nodded back. She doesn't like me much.. "Let's head back to the Prey Center and eat there."

We all nodded and flew after her as she flew to Jade Mountain. Moon was with Kinkajou, and I was in the back. The goat was heavy, with the smell of blood and meat I slowly flew behind the others. The dark red stains on my claws scarily noticeable.

I was tempted to 'get lost' on the way back to the Prey Center, but I knew that would be a bad idea. One, Moon would know where I was, even without trying to look for me. Two, there were other dragons there, and a lot of them, too.

'If you are always cowering in a cave alone, you'll be wasting your powers completely.' He muttered quietly inside of my mind.

'He's back!' I thought as I looked around excitedly, forgetting I couldn't see him. I heard him chuckle at my actions as I blushed slightly. 'Well, you don't get a giant head ache whenever you walk into a room.'