Christmas (sorry it's late)

Star's POV:

I ran through the library loudly, earning a shush from the few dragons that were still inside. I jumped up on a ledge that led to a window and moved the large leaf aside, allowing the cold air to enter the large room. A random SandWing scowled at me before setting his scroll down and growling as he walked out of the, now cold, room.

I ignored him as I lent out of the window and felt the small flakes land on my snout. 'Snow...' I thought softly as I reached a talon out and watched as a snowflake melted at the contact. 'I've never seen it before..'

"You know, you could go outside." A familiar voice said, causing me to jump in surprise.

'Don't do that! I'm supposed to be the one that scares you!' I exclaimed jokingly as I turned to look at Qibli. 'And I don't want to go out there alone. Moon is busy with Kinkajou, and Turtle with Peril.'

He seemed to think about it for a second, before looking up at me and smiling. "I could go out with you." He said happily as he flicked his wings slightly. "I haven't been in the snow before either, so we can learn about it together."

I looked at him, shocked, as I jumped down from the ledge. I unconsciously noticed that Qibli seemed to relax as I got away from the window, but shrugged it off. 'A SandWing willingly going into the snow? I guess you really do see something new everyday.' I joked as I walked up to him. 'But you're serious? You'll go in the snow with me?'

He smiled at my excited expression before nodding. "Yeah, I'll go in the snow with you." He said as he wrapped one of his warm wings around me and started to push me towards the exit. I smiled brightly and dashed through the library again.

I heard Qibli laugh as he followed me through the library and halls. After a little bit of running and Qibli running into the few dragons that were hiding from the snow, we made it outside.

I stopped to stare at the land that was covered in snow. I heard Qibli walk up next to me before I saw him.

"Well, we're here." He paused to catch his breath from the run. "Go on, I'll watch from here..." He trailed off as he started to walk over to a corner where he could see me, but was still protected from the snow.

I shook my head and wrapped my slightly spiked tail around his leg before he could walk too far way. 'No way. You said you would go in the snow with me, so we are.' Was all I 'said' before I started to drag him towards the snow. I knew he could get out easily, but was happy that he was staying.

Once I hit the snow, I yelped as my talons sunk into the snow before suddenly stopping. I quickly pulled Qibli into the snow after me and giggled.

Qibli was shivering in disgust as the snow melted around him. He waved his tail around rapidly, as if the snow was alive and bout to attack him.

I giggled again as I laid down and rolled around. The snow wasn't as cold as I thought it would be. I covered myself with snow and flipped my wings up suddenly, causing snow to fall down from the sky in small clumps.

One hit Qibli on the snout and he huffed, causing the snowball to slowly slide down his face. He cringed and shook his head. "It's like fish," He complained. "It's wet and not normal!"

I shook my head mockingly as I slowly built a ball in my talons. 'You hate the snow, right?'

"What type of question is tha--" He was cut off by the snowball that was in my talons hitting him directly in the eye. He closed his eyes and sighed as it slid down his face.

He shook his body, causing the water to hit my wings. I squealed, one of the loudest noises I've made in a while, and and jumped up.

I glared at him playfully before tackling him to the snow. 'That was severely rude!' I thought in a mocking posh voice before I started to bat at his head with my talons.

He laughed and grabbed my front arms, causing me to force my weight onto him. He wrapped his warm wings around me as I rested my head on his chest.

"Well, even though you forced me into the snow, I believe this is a good day." He said calmly as he rested his head on mine.

'I think so too..' I 'mumbled' as I started to fall asleep because of the warmth.

"I love you.." He whispered in my ear as I started to drift off, his voice as warm as the sun and as soothing as the rain itself.

"I love you too..." I said one of the longest sentences I have almost ever, and soon after, I had fallen asleep.