Chapter Forty-One

I have a love/hate relationship with this chapter but I'm still good with it. Hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think! Your comments mean the world to me and some of you guys say the right things that remind me not to conveniently "forget" some things. Things will be picking up a lot more now since the majority of the players have been introduced in some way and it's now just a matter of connecting all of the millions of dots I created.

***

**| Sang's POV |**

North and Luke ended up joining Gabriel, Victor, and me on the shopping trip. North said something about needing to keep Luke away from the candy store and keeping an eye on us troublemakers. Apparently when Gabriel, Victor, and Luke were together, they were sure to find trouble.

"With Trouble with us, it's guaranteed we will get into trouble," Gabriel said as he helped me out of Victor's car.

"You shouldn't be dragging her into your shit," North said.

Luke smirked and shrugged his shoulders. "It's early yet. Maybe nothing will happen."

North snorted, grabbing my hand and tugging me with him into the mall.

Once again I was overwhelmed with all the people around, especially since the mall just opened up. Gabriel seemed to have a game plan because I was pulled into a store near the entrance. Before I knew it, my arms were full of skirts, shorts, pants, blouses, sweaters, and dresses.

It took him all of three minutes to fill my arms up and the next moment he was shoving me into a changing room.

"Put the green shorts on with the white top," he called through the changing curtain.

The next hour was spent on trying different clothes, sometimes the same one but in a different color. By the time we were finished, I was already tired.

"This is too much," I said as the lady rang up all the clothes. Luke kept me turned away so I couldn't see the total. Every time I tried to look, he would cup my cheeks with his hands and force my head still.

Luke did it again when I tried to look after she finished ringing everything up. "Just say thank you," he said to me with a wink.

I sighed. "Thank you, Gabriel and Victor."

"You're welcome," they said at the same time. North grabbed the shopping bags and we all made our way back out the door. As we were passing a display, I saw a tall man with sandy blonde hair duck behind something but then Luke distracted me by making a weird squealing noise that had me faltering in my steps.

I looked over at him. He was jumping up and down and pointing at a store.

Ah, the candy store.

"Fuck no!" North yelled.

"Please. I want to show Cupcake all my favorite candies."

"She doesn't need to know that shit."

I looked up at North with pleading eyes. "But I like knowing more about everyone, even something as simple as someone's favorite food."

He looked down at me and then swore. He rubbed a hand over his face and shivered. "Fuck. Fine. But you can't buy any of that shit!"

Luke cheered, grabbing my hand and tugging me with him into the store. I looked around, my eyes growing big. The store smelled of pure sugar and chocolate. My mouth watered when I spotted a display of chocolates. We were in Candy Land. A real life Candy Land.

"So beautiful, right?" Luke said with a dreamy sigh. I nodded in response, still unable to say anything as I took everything in. They had everything. And I mean everything. The store ended up being two stories. Who needed two stories of candy?