fifty six || real life + instagram

december 25th 2017__________

december 25th 2017
__________

"your parents are coming and you decide to tell me right now?" askia exclaimed, her eyes wide.

"i'm sorry! it completely slipped my mind!" he responded, running his hand through his hair.

"i've never met them! what if they hate me!" she panicked, starting to prepare for their lunch.

"they won't i swear! they'll love you as much as i do!" he reassured, walking behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist, and kissing her shoulder.

"what time will they be here anyway?" she asked, leaning back into him and sighing.

"like 12?" he responded.

askia checked the clock on the microwave which read 11:30.

"half an hour?" she pulled away, starting to prepare the vegetables.

"nothing is ready! i'm not even dressed!" she huffed, making chris chuckle.

"c'mere," he mumbled, taking the knife from her hand and hugging her.

"i'll continue this, you go get ready," he kissed her head, before taking her place at the counter.

"i love you," she called, sprinting to the bedroom.
__________

as chris slid the turkey into the oven, there was a knock on the door.

"can you get that?" he called, walking over to the sink to wash his hands.

"already on it!" askia called back, smoothing the skirt of her dress, before pulling open the door.

"hello!" she grinned at chris' parents, lisa immediately pulling her in for a hug.

"hi!" she replied. "chris has told me so much about you it's great to finally meet you!"

askia blushed, pulling back and waving at his father.

"only good things i hope!" she laughed, stepping aside to let them in.

"mom! dad!" chris exclaimed, pulling them both in for hugs.
__________

"he convinced him then and there to pee his pants! he was such a troublemaker!" lisa laughed, telling askia all chris' childhood stories.

"moooooom," chris groaned, for what seemed like the millionth time, tired of reliving his past.

"ok! ok!" she held her hands up. "i'll stop!"

"thank you!" he smiled, taking a sip of his drink.

"when you come visit boston, i'll show you the photo albums!" she whispered to askia.

"oh i can't wait!" she smirked.
__________

"thank you for having us! dinner was great!" chris' dad grinned, hugging the pair before standing by his wife outside their door.

"have a safe flight tomorrow!" chris beamed, wrapping his arm around askia's shoulder.

"we'll definitely visit soon!" she added.

"we can't wait!" lisa smiled.

after they'd left, askia let out a sigh of relief.

"that went way better than i thought it would!" she fell onto the sofa and smiled in content.

"i told you they'd love you!" he laughed, sitting beside her.

"ok, you were right!" she admitted. she laid her head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around her.

"oh! we never exchanged gifts!" she exclaimed, walking towards the tree, scooping the gifts into her arms.

she handed chris his, and kept hers.

"open that one first!" she smiled, pointing to the largest box.

he nodded, and placed the others beside him, focusing on the one box.

he slowly opened it and smiled, inside was a shirt signed by his favourite sports team.

"i love it!" he grinned. "thank you, really! now it's your turn!" he clapped his hands and pointed to the box to the side of her.

she tore it open and rolled her eyes.

"really?" she smirked, holding the small bear up.

he shrugged and smiled like a child.

she re examined the bear and laughed.

"i love you,"
__________

askiameyer: my boyfriend is so romantic! ft a wonderful gift from burberry thank u ❤️merry christmas! 🎄tagged; chrisevans989k likes | 965k comments

merry christmas! 🎄
tagged; chrisevans
989k likes | 965k comments

__________

[ four chapters left ]