Shirayuki

"Hiya Akari!" The man says cheerfully.

"Damn it Niko! I could have killed you!" I yell at him and remove my knife from his neck and put it up. "Stop coming up behind me randomly! What the hell are you doing here?" I whisper yell remembering that I'm not alone and they're not even twenty feet from me. "You're suppose to be with the others as my second in command!"

"Yeah, well, my leader didn't come back like she was suppose to, so I came to save her sorry ass!" Niko bites back, making me shrink back at the harshness in his voice. Out of the corner of my eye I see movement. I shift in a better position to protect Niko knowing what is coming. As I predicted a throwing knife comes flying from a tree behind me. I catch it right before it hits Niko in the shoulder.

"Obi, that's not very nice don't cha think?" I say not even looking his direction and I chuckle when I see Niko confused expression.

"Ah missy, you ruined my fun." Obi whines as he lands on the branch that we're on. "And who is this?" Obi asks as he walks closer.

"This is Niko, one of my party. Niko this is Obi." I introduce the two to each other.

"Obi huh." Niko states quietly. I toss Obi's knife back to him as I stand up.

"Anyway why did you leave the others?" I ask Niko as he stands and leans against the tree.

"I was worried so I came to you." Niko answers nonchalantly.

"Oi! Obi, Akari what's the hold up?" We hear Zen yell up from the ground.

"Shit. Forgot about that." I state. "Tuck and roll Niko." I say as I walk over next to him.

"Huh?" Is all Niko could say before he is flying at the ground. Right at the last second he flips to where his feet will hit the ground first, putting him in a somersault and standing back up. By this time Obi and I jump down from the tree at the same time.

"Zen, I'd like you to meet Niko." I smile as I point to the dark blue haired man that is my best friend and partner.

"Ya could've gave me a bit more warning Akari! That hurt!" Niko yells making me laugh.

Zen looks at us and smiles.

"Is he willing to help get us to Shirayuki?" Zen asks politely and Niko is about to object when I step infront of him and elbow him in the stomach. The force of my elbow causes him fold on my arm and lean against me.

"Yes he'll be glad to help you Zen. We've still got a bit to go." I smile and feel Niko crumple to the ground clutching his stomach.

"What the hell Akari?" Niko asks in pain.

"Sorry, but I can't go back on my word. I won't disgrace our name like that." I kneel down next to his crumpled body and he rolls over on his back and looks up at me. "Help me get them to Shirayuki. I don't want anyone BUT me to get locked up for this." I say in a sweet yet sad voice. Niko's face softens.

"Anything for my leader." He says giving me a big toothy smile, which to my surprise makes me blush. "Hoho, what is this? Akari Natsumi is blushing!" He grins bigger than before. This statement made me blush even more.

"GAH! SHUT UP NIKO!" I yell as Niko jumps up and runs from my rage. I jump up and chase him around the group. He just chuckles until I catch up and knock him back to the ground by a flying tackle. Obi is trying his best not to laugh out loud during our cat and mouse chase but fails miserably and falls to the ground laughing. Eventually everyone joins him in a fit of laughter. The sun starts to go down and we all do our share and set up camp. While Zen and his group sit around the fire and talk about random things to Niko, I climb up a tree near by and look up to the stars. I find my mind drift and think about my past missions. So many times I was put in a similar position and so many times I would just kill them or leave while they were sleeping. What's different this time? Why am I still helping them? Why am I making Niko help? "Am I getting soft?" I ask aloud without realizing it.

"I don't think it's a bad thing missy." A male voice I know to be Obi says behind me from another branch.

"You always seem to be there at just the right time." I shake my head making my hair sway around me and shine in the moonlight. I look back up to the stars.

~Obi's POV~

I notice that Akari had left the group a while ago. When I find her, she is in a tree looking up at the stars. She looks like a dark angel with the moonlight giving her a white outline and as the wind blows ever so lightly. This breeze causes her waist long midnight black and white streaked hair to flow with it and glow in the moonlight. The image made me speechless. It's just like that first night when we talked under the stars. It seems to me that she just glows with the light from the moon, and her violet eyes shine; like beautiful jewels even gods would fight for, but can't get their grasps on.

"Am I getting soft?" I hear the soft voice of the woman in front of me whisper. I smile and decide to speak up.

"I don't think that's a bad thing missy." I smile as she looks back at me with those violet orbs of hers.

"You always seem to be there at just the right time." She shakes her head swaying her black and white hair around her. She looks back up at the stars and I join her on her tree branch and look up at the stars with her.

~Akari's POV~

Little did they know that their sleeping beauty with scarlet hair is beginning to stir with a nervous Shiro a calm Kai watching over her around a fire.

~Hiya! Hope you are enjoying the story so far. I tried to make this chapter not take as long. I love comments. So tell me what you think. Til next time. Smiles! ^-^ ~