Demons

There was a demon in his woods and it was upsetting.

What upset him even more was the fact that he couldn't quite place where the demon was. It was unsettling and annoying to be ignorant of the location of a powerful demon in his own damn territory.

He wouldn't have minded before, but that was before he met Finn and gained a ward to take care of. Right now this demon prowling about, hidden from his sight and senses, raised his protective instincts he didn't know he had to the maximum level.

(flashes of a young boy with his frog and youthful smile rose unbidden in his mind and his heart ached with joy and gut crushing grief)

Finn would be safe if it was the last thing he did. He ignored the little voice that laughed at his oath because he knew Greg was alive. He saved his soul, he isn't dead and that was all that matters.

His increasingly irate train of thought halted as soon as he sensed the demon presence become clear in one place. Wasting no time, he warped into the shadows and directly into that one location.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" he demanded immediately, concentric eyes narrowed and posture commanding, every bit of an angry beast of the woods. Inwardly though, was another matter. The demon, though powerful, looked too much like a child. Even while hovering a few inches above ground, the demon was still a foot shorter than Wirt. He had brown scraggly hair, and sunken yellow eyes that looked too big on his skeletal figure the similarities to Finn was not missed.

"My, my," the demon drawled, smiling widely in a way that strained its face. "Uptight as always, I was only visiting..."

Its eyes narrowed and its smile disappeared. "Who are you?"

Wirt remained silent. The smile returned and there was a spark of sick amusement that glittered in its eyes.

"Did he finally die? Did you kill him?" It laughed. "Defeated by a human, how embarrassing!"

"Answer me demon or leave my Woods." Wirt growled in warning, its vessel may be a human boy but it was still a danger and a threat.

The thing just laughed.

"Oh man, this is priceless. The Big Ole Beastie got beaten by a child." The yellow-eyed creature stuttered out through his laughs, oblivious to the dimming woods around them. Wirt stared impassively throughout its maniacal joy, absently noting the host's unhealthy pallor and the way its hands shook and its body shivered in the perpetual autumn wind. Likely malnourished and sick.

"What did it feel like?" the thing continued, hugging itself unconsciously for pitiful warmth. "Did he scream? Beg like the worm he is? Tell me!"

The Woods darkened even more. Wirt's eyes glowed just a little bit brighter, the psychotic fit reminding him of Finn when he left him alone with that damned crown for too long.

The thing continued its ramblings, unaware and uncaring if Wirt answered any of its word vomit. Its eyes flitting from place to place before focusing on the sky and got lost in his sadistic fantasies.

"Tell me~" the thing begged, when he realised that his 'friend' continued to ignore him. His tone grew irritated. "Hey, aren't you being rude to your guest? Don't ignore me!"

It looked down to face its conversation partner in anger but faltered in surprise at the sudden encompassing darkness and the Beast's close proximity.

"Wha—?" Wirt continued his stoic silence. Further irritated, the demon tried to move and was surprised to find that it couldn't. It looked down to realize that its legs were trapped by the roots that wrapped around it. As soon as it realized its position the roots rapidly grew to incase his entire body.

The thing laughed again, seemingly unconcerned as its frail body shook unconsciously.

"You have much to learn newbie," it taunted as Wirt moved closer. "If you think your pesky little roots can stop me."

"I would advise against using magic," Wirt warned in a low voice. "Unless you want to destroy your host."

"Is that a threat?" It laughed.

"No," Wirt answered simply. "Human vessels need maintenance and you have neglected yours. At this point I could just leave you here as you are and you'd still die."

"Are you serious?" It said with a smile, but its tone was nowhere near happy. In fact, Wirt would wager it was only realizing the damage it has done on the boy. It continued its bravado. "I am the All-Seeing Eye. I am the most powerful demon in the Multiverse. Your power can't hold me. I can kill you if I wanted!"

But even as it said this, it struggled weakly against his hold and in a desperate move freed its arm and tried to stab him in the head with a fork. A root stopped its movement mere inches from what would have been an incredibly annoying injury.

"Just give his body back, Bill." The wide-eyed look of surprise at the use of its name was reminiscent of the look Finn wore when he met him for the first time. Finn and another child entirely. Something clicked in his memory and Wirt couldn't believe he didn't recognize him the first time.

"Dipper Pines." The moment the name left his lips, the demon lost any shade of color in its face and the yellow cat eyes reverted to pained brown. He looked like a child who has seen too much horror in his life, and it aged him beyond his years.

"Dipper Pines," he repeated in a softer tone, his eyes losing its intensity while the demo— boy stayed still in shock. That was fine, it made it easier to relay the last message from a bubbly girl with somewhat minimal fuss. "I was asked to tell you that Mabel Pines loves you."

The boy snapped out of his shock as soon as he heard Mabel's name. He sought out Wirt's eyes and fell prey to his spell.

The next thing Dipper knew, he was in a sun soaked meadow and his sister was smiling at him. Whole, pure and happy.

Mabel was alive.

Hey RS here and I don't know how many expected a new chapter but here it is. Hope you like it.