???

Fascinating.

I have been... observing him from the moment he and his brother has stepped into the Unknown. The boy called Wirt has made himself different from the lost souls who have been here in the past the moment he continually destroyed the plans the Beast has laid into the Unknown.

Selfish he may have been in the beginning, he has since redeemed himself as his love for his brother and his impeccable common sense allowed him to figure out the Beast's weakness and bluff when it predictably offered to 'save' the soul of Wirt's little brother, Greg, into the lamp of the Woodsman.

I saw as Wirt saved his little brother's life one last time when he gave his chance to return to the land of the living to Greg.

Interesting.

I was there when one by one the souls Wirt has befriended moved on to a higher plane and I was there as he consistently fought off the Beast's attempts to control his actions while he helped souls move on to either the land of the living or the dead.

I saw as he eventually killed the Beast and took its powers as his own, not because of selfish intentions but to stop its terror and hostility towards everyone. I watched as he officially took on the true task that the Beast had neglected, to be the guiding spirit to the souls of the lost.

Curious.

After some time has passed in this timeless land, I began to see Wirt become more impassive and less empathetic. So as a test I used up what limited power that I had to transport the cursed child of winter from the Land of Ooo to see what he would do. Would he kill him like as the previous master would have done?

But to my surprise, Wirt instead took this child and treated him as if he was family. Weathering the tantrums and fits with patience and understanding. I observed as he slowly but surely got through the boy, Finn, and gently coaxing him back to sanity.

Marvellous.

I was there when Wirt found, trapped and killed the reality demon possessing the child, Dipper Pines, and I watched in surprise as he took pity and took this boy as part of his growing family. Despite his temperamental behaviour and ignorance of his own power, Wirt gave the treatment he gave Finn.

Slowly but surely, he got through him too.

This boy...

Yes, this boy can do it.

He can save them.