Hollow

The little monster was crying again.

Bipper was beginning to think this kid was a bigger crybaby than Finn ever was. Honestly, the amount of times he found this kid spouting tears was ridiculous.

The annoying part was the fact that he cried whenever he was around, which meant that Bipper was the one to blame despite the fact that most of the time Bipper wasn't even doing anything. They'd be wandering around the Unknown like what they were doing now and then the white furred goat kid would be hunched over a meadow of buttercups bawling like a baby.

Maybe he was allergic? Could goat monsters be allergic to flowers?

The wails were grating on his nerves, if he doesn't stop anytime soon he'd burn down a forest.

An image of an enraged Wirt entered his mind. Bipper immediately reconsidered his mental threat.

"For the love of Creation, would you please stop crying?!" Bipper snapped irritably. Asriel gave a futile attempt at wiping his tears away to now avail. "Jeez kid, why are you so damn weepy?"

Asriel just stringed together some mumbled sound like he was trying to form something coherent out of it.

"Speak up twerp."

"..."

"Fine be that way." Then under his breath he growled. "Damn crybaby."

Bipper stormed off or at least tried to. His movements were stopped by thorny vines.

"What the―" It didn't take more than a spark of fire to get released from the bindings. Bipper readied the magic under his skin for a potential attack then he hesitated.

The vines had already vanished, turned back into magic and drawn back into Asriel's form. He predictably began spewing apologies, looking very pathetic about the whole interaction but that wasn't the reason for Bipper's hesitance.

For a split second he saw something hiding behind Asriel's dark eyes, a feeling so deep and dark he nearly recoiled before he recognised it.

It was like looking into a mirror.

Beneath the teary doe eyes was this horrible riptide of self hatred.

"Bipper I'm really sorr―!" He wasn't listening. He stormed off, trying to forget the brief flicker of dark emotion hidden beneath the monster's soul.

The attempt didn't really do much of anything because once the moon hits the scene and the world goes to sleep Bipper was stuck wandering around their dreams. This was the fate of a dream demon. He can't actually enter Wirt and Finn's minds though, demons in their own territory is near impossible to subdue, and the cursed crown effectively repels his presence.

Chara and Asriel though...

That's fair game.

Or as fair as it gets for a demon.

Chara's dreams were monochrome. Often, her dream-self wandered inside an intimidating castle that seemed to be built on guilt and shame. Rooms filled to the brim with dust and silence, broken hearts and knives, skeletons and golden flowers.

Bipper left before he saw anything more, it reminded him far too much of a mindscape that was just as broken years and years ago.

Asriel's mind wasn't much better.

Bipper ended up in an underground palace covered in overgrown vines and wild buttercups. Petals drifted in the soft breeze. Bipper walked in warily, careful not to leave even a hint of his presence. He explored the halls though he didn't touch any of the doors, he knew better than to snoop into someone else's mind. He may not like Asriel, but it doesn't mean he can invade his privacy.