December

Yesterday was just horrible, even I have to admit. I feel like such a terrible person because I know exactly why he got angry and I know I deserved all he said too. I am a bitch. He's completely right; I've heard it a thousand times. But coming from him it actually hit home, it hurt to know that's what he thought of me. Even if it was just this one time, or whether that's what he truly thinks of me, it made me stop and wonder. 

 ***

I left the girls down in the Common Room as I headed upstairs to get changed. I was meeting Cormac McClaggen again tonight; after our kiss a while back he seemed to be hanging around more and more. I felt one evening couldn't hurt my reputation - I wasn't know for going back for seconds if you know what I mean. I'm a 'love 'em and leave 'em' kind of girl. Leave them hanging on more like; they're always back for more. And McClaggen was just the latest in a long line to prove the statement correct. Stick to the status quo why don't they?

After a long hot shower, I emerged from the bathroom  wrapped in a dark green towel barely large enough to cover myself with. I dried my hair slightly and let it hang loose while I hunted through my trunk for my nail polish. After ten minutes of searching I gave up and decided to ask one of the girls if they'd borrowed it. Making sure my towel was held tight around me, I slipped out of the dormitory and into the Common Room, round to where Lia, Maeve and Nat were lounging on the sofas we normally occupied in the evenings. My appearance had clearly not gone unnoticed by the Slytherin faculty in the room as it had fallen silent and attention had turned to my half-naked self. 

"Have you seen my nail varnish? The red one that Blaise got me for my birthday the other year?" I said plainly. They all looked at me blankly for a few seconds before Maeve's face suddenly lit up.

"Yes! It was in the dorm, down the side of Pansy's bed the last time I saw it," she exclaimed. 

Then Natalie jumped in, in a reprimanding but playful tone, "Now shoo, Kayla. Back off upstairs with you and don't come down until you're decent. Put some clothes on for God's sake." 

I shot a glance around the room at the staring eyes and winked at Blaise and Theo who had just come in the door, but obliged and hopped up off of the sofa. Still holding the towel to my chest I sauntered off up the stairs at a lazy pace, followed by a couple of whistles and a haze of incoherent mutterings, to finish getting ready.

I pulled on a pair of tiny red denim shorts and a loose black T-shirt that whilst covered my front, was completely open at the back, bar a red ribbon that stopped it slipping off my shoulders and exposing everything. Sure it was cold but I wasn't fussed and the outfit was more than a little flattering to my figure. I slipped a pair of black platform peep-toe stilettos on my feet, allowing a flash of my bright red nail polish to be seen were anyone to bother looking at my feet. Which I doubt they would be so I don't know why I bother. Well I do, because I am so OCD about having everything co-ordinated and neat and matching that it's almost stupid. So tonights theme was black and red and my fingernails glistened scarlet red to match those of my toes. 

I walked over to the mirror and scooped up my honey waves, adjusting them into a high ponytail, and capturing them with a red ribbon. A couple of strands fell loose around my face, the pale curls contrasting with my dark lined and lashed eyes. And they in turn accentuated the apple green irises they surrounded. But most attention would be on my red painted lips that curled so prettily around my straight white teeth. That smile could get me anything, whilst the scowl now hidden behind the cat-like grin was enough to frighten even the professors into submission. 

I entered the Common Room again to more stunned looks - jealousy from the girls and longing from the guys. It's that reaction that let's me know I've got it right once again so I strut past Maeve and Aurelia sitting in the corner quietly; passed by all the staring faces and out of the door into the corridor.