THE HERO

February 12th

Brett was pleasantly surprised when he saw his girlfriend on TV. Interviewers had been hounding her to do a segment with her on her relationship with Hero Man. It seemed she finally accepted. He quickly became mortified when she began to give away personal information about him. Some of it was true and others were little embarrassing stories that humanized him a bit. He liked being above the crowd, but now she was bringing a little bit lower, one anecdote at a time.

"You know we first met at that one coffee place. But him coming to my rescue was not how we were first introduced," Elly revealed.

"Oh really?" The interviewer laughed. "Tell us more."

"It was so busy that there weren't any seats left. Well, there was one, right next to this creepy guy in sunglasses and a hat and a hoodie."

"Which we earlier learned from Elly that is his favorite disguise."

Oh no.

Elly laughed. "Yeah. I saw him. Thought, there's my future boyfriend. Then quickly tried to leave."

Laughter.

"Then the death match happened. He swooped in to save me and he introduced himself as-"

Oh no.

"Go on. Tell us!"

No. No. No.

"The love of my life. Literally! That's what he said."

Laughter.

Whew.

"As his girlfriend, do you know his name?'

NO.

"Of course. It's Brett."