CHAPTER 6

Its prom night, and everyone in Midwood high were getting ready. Tony had rented a limo for everyone, and that made tonight just a bit more special. As for Bucky and T'Challa, sharing this night together was enough for them. Since their run in with Rumlow and Hammer, the word got around and now anyone who decides to make fun of Bucky would have to deal with his boyfriend.

Boyfriend. Bucky never thought he'd ever find someone as special as T'Challa. It was as if their meeting was planned, but he thought of it as fate.

T'Challa was home finishing getting ready, and Jamal was downstairs on the phone with King T'Chaka.

"Jamal! I need my son back here immediately, don't make me regret picking you for his guardian," The King's voice was booming through the phone and Jamal sighed in defeat.

"I understand sir, but he's not ready to come home,"

"Bullshit! Jamal I have had it with your excuses, I'm already on a plane there. See you both in 3 hours,"

Then the line went dead. Jamal looked to see T'Challa coming downstairs, fresh and dressed, looking at him in concern.

"Jamal? Everything alright?"

The butler nodded frantically, he coughed and put the phone down.

"Wow, very handsome your highness. I'm sure Bucky will be pleased with this look,"

T'Challa breathed out a laugh and nodded. "I hope so. I'll see you in 4 hours!"

Unless his father gets to him first. Before Jamal could say anything, he was gone.

Hopefully tonight will end early and King T'Chaka will show up at the house.

*

Bucky was waiting outside T'Challa's house in front of the limo, and saw his boyfriend closing the door behind him. He gasped, and coughed trying to keep it together seeing him in his all black suit, which fit hit quite well.

"See something you like?" the Wakandan asked smugly, and Bucky rolled his eyes and smiled. T'Challa noticed the brunettes long hair was slicked back, and his blue eyes were shining under the stars making him stare at him longingly.

"You look gorgeous," he whispered for only them to hear, and Bucky bit his lip and chuckled in response.

"C'mon lovebirds, before all the food is gone!" Clint yelled from inside the limo and the two laughed and Bucky opened the door for T'Challa. His friends, including Natasha and Wanda all greeted him. He complimented the ladies, like the gentlemen he is, and the limo took them to the hotel where the prom was being held.

T'Challa's been to prom in Wakanda, since they have them for all grades, but here it's only for the seniors. The hotel was very nice, and the banquet hall where they were at was decorated in multi-color streamers and balloons, and the table cloths were all white. The music was very techno, mixed with rock. T'Challa recognized one song, 'Cake by the Ocean', since Bucky sang that song every chance he got. He chuckled at the thought, and saw there was a photo booth. Strange.

"Hey babe, wanna take photos?"

Bucky couldn't say no to that face, but he was a bit hesitant. "Uh sure, but I'm not exactly photogenic,"

T'Challa chuckled and shook his head. "Lies, c'mon,"

They went over to the booth, and T'Challa opened the curtain for Bucky to sit on the small bench. There were a few props, and Bucky grabbed a fake moustache and huge pink glasses which made T'Challa laugh out loud. He took the green glassed and a fake pipe, and they took 5 photos and two copies. The first photo was normal of them smiling (Bucky's smile was gorgeous to T'Challa), the rest funny, and the last one of them kissing. That was Bucky's favorite. T'Challa liked the one where he didn't know the camera went off and he was looking at Bucky like he was the only thing in the world.

The rest of the night went amazing. They danced, ate a lot of food and dessert, and there was a circle made in the middle of the dancefloor and Clint and Sam were doing the Whip and Nae Nae. T'Challa joined them and busted a few moves that had Bucky flustered, and Tony nudged him playfully then went quiet when Steve started shaking his ass to the beat of Chris Brown's 'Loyal'.

Prom was everything Bucky expected, and more. He had his friends with him, and his best guy. Nothing could ruin this moment.

That is, until men dressed in all black barged into the room.