.:3:.

"Are you enjoying your meal, Kelly?" Vic cooed from across the table. He watched in wonder as the boy struggled with using the fork on his vegetables and ended up just stabbing the cutlery into the plate and hoping for the best.

Kellin nodded enthusiastically, seeming to be constantly full of energy. "Yes, but do I have to use the fork, Daddy? It's annoying!"

After learning this concept the other day, Kellin refused to call Mr Fuentestein anything but 'Vic' or 'Daddy'. It was very strange to the Doctor and even made him a bit uncomfortable, but he knew that he would learn to suck it up.

Jaime dropped his fork down in irritation, "Why does he get to call you 'Daddy', but you get mad whenever I call you anything but 'Dr Fuentestein'?"

"Do you want to call me 'Daddy' too?" Vic challenged, raising his eyebrows.

"No!" Jaime was quick to protest, a blush rising to his cheeks. "That's ridiculous."

"Then shut up and eat your food, Jaime," Vic snapped, ignoring the man.

"Yeah!" Kellin giggled, "Shut up and eat your food, Harambe."

Jaime took a deep breath in order to stop his anger from rising. He sharply turned to look at the Doctor and seethed through gritted teeth, "Your monster is bullying me. This is emotional abuse and I do not wish to be treated this way!"

Vic just looked across the table and linked eyes with Kellin, both of them sharing a teasing grin at Jaime's words. The spiky-haired man was about to complain about how they were rudely laughing at him, but decided to just take another deep breath and carry on eating as if nothing was happening, keeping his thoughts to himself.

Kellin gazed across the table at Vic's food in confusion. He noticed that his own plate was full of greens, whereas the other man's plate held a large, juicy steak. Vic decided to raise his creation on a very healthy lifestyle; that was why he only gave him vegetables.

Sure, Kellin didn't hate his food, but the sight of Vic's just made his mouth water. His thought process was so messed up by the distraction that he could not even form his sentence correctly.

"Daddy, put your meat in my mouth!" He demanded.

Upon hearing this, Vic choked on what he was eating. His eyes went wide and he started coughing rapidly, as Jaime simply muted his laughter by covering his mouth with his hand.

"Excuse me?" Vic managed to force out, saliva dribbling down his chin after he uncloged his throat.

"That!" Kellin pointed to the man's plate. This automatically clicked in Vic's mind, making him realise what the boy actually meant.

"Oh, you want a piece of my steak?" He corrected, as if talking to a child.

"Yeah, I want your meat in my mouth!"

"Oh my god..." Jaime muttered in disbelief, still attempting to conceal his laughter, shaking his head. "I quit."

"Again?" Vic murmured, walking around to the other side of the table with his plate. He made Kellin stand up, then sat down in his chair, placing the boy comfortably in his lap.

Kellin squealed and wrapped his arms around Vic's neck. Then he leaned up and gave the man a soft peck on the cheek, before turning back to look forward. Vic's entire face had turned red though.

"No, I take that back," Jaime groaned, knowing he'd have no other choice. "I'm not quitting just yet."

Vic just muttered something incoherent under his breath, before feeding Kellin what he himself could not eat. His plan of keeping the boy on a vegan diet went right out of the window, but maybe it would be better this way. He could not make all of the decisions after all. Kellin had to learn to think for himself and have some control over his own life. So, if he chose to eat the steak, he was going to get the steak.