ten

two more weeks, until i am twenty five. two more weeks to believe that jungkook is coming back to me. i had work the entire day, saving up for this pretty dress i had seen behind the glass window. despite my exhaustion, i want to visit the strip club tonight just to have a glimpse of what goes on in there. i had just jumped into the conclusion of becoming a stripper without actually experiencing a night there.

i pass by the cafe, just to grab a coffee before staying up later than i had originally planned.

"hey, it's you." jungkook steps out creepily out of the darkness with a lit cigarette in his hand. jungkook .. smokes?

i ignore his greeting and enter the warm cafe, only being brought to a halt when jungkook forcefully latches his arm onto me. the golden lights of the cafe now illuminate his face and he smiles charmingly at me.

"uh .. why are you smiling?" i say tightly, trying to shake my arm out of his grip and stepping away to breathe in some fresh air, the disgusting atmosphere and smoke that reeked from him making it difficult for me to breathe. "you said .. that you would never smoke." 

"people change, and why can't i smile? i am just happy to see you." jungkook drops his cigarette and squashes it with his foot. "do you have plans tonight?"

"yes." i reply with the same tight voice, continuing to shake my arm out of his firm grip.

"great, let's go out." jungkook says as he drags me away from the coffee shop door and a little down the street, to where his car is parked.

"no .. i don't want to go anywhere with you." i shake my head and he lets go of my arm.

"why not? don't you like me anymore?"

"i n-never liked you!" i rub my arm where he had previously held it so tightly. "i just .. don't go out with strange—"

"hm, is there a movie that you want to watch? i heard that there's a few new chick flicks out." jungkook raises both of his eyebrows and taps my head gently. how could he even say that? oh wait, he doesn't remember me. he doesn't know that i absolutely loathe the cinema and chick flick movies. he has probably been with so many girls with the same taste that he thinks we are all the same.

"no .." i say between clenched teeth, the cold outside beginning to take affect on my body. "i don't like going to the movies." i admit honestly.

his face softens. "ah, really?" he scratches the back of his head. "what do you prefer then?"

renting a movie and snuggling on the couch. but i don't answer him, just turning around simply back to the cafe.

"come on, chaeyoung! i'm bored." he whines, making me stop again and turn around, only to realise how close he is, he has been following me from right behind.

"i am not going to be used for your entertainment, thanks." i shoot back, pushing the door of the cafe and walking towards the counter.

"i never said that!" jungkook continues whining, but then he pulls his arms over me and embraces me from behind. instantly, i am paralysed underneath his touch. his body is cold, but something about this is so warm.

"what .. are you doing jungkook?"

"i just wanted to know what it feels like to hold you." jungkook laughs as he lets go, making me realise how nice it was to be held by him. the loneliness that is now attacking me doesn't feel so warm. "you fit so perfectly in my arms, chaeyoung."

"thank you?" i answer confused, unsure of what he wanted to hear as a reply. i didn't know how to feel right now. i was meant to be angry, but i am overwhelmed with happiness. if i had to suffer seven years deaf just to hear that again, i would totally do so.

"what can i do to make you love me?" jungkook swiftly slides in front of me and smirks infamously.

"get away .. from me." i say quietly, with my head down afraid to meet his gaze. i couldn't trust myself anymore. i am too tired to look at him, afraid i might be deceived by the pretty words falling from his pretty face and fall in love. "i told you that i had plans. stop ruining my night."

he cups my face and lifts it up, whispering, "please take care of yourself." then leans in close and presses his lips ever so softly on mine, it was like every fibre in my body was dying, and he was my medicine. i feel like i have been waiting my entire life for this kiss, and when he kisses me deeper until i don't know who's breathing for who, the slight taste of cigarettes in his mouth turns into warm honey. i pull back when my sanity hits me forcefully.

"wow, chaeyoung that was .. "

"jeon jungkook, did you just kiss me?!" i cut him off as i wipe my lips with my sleeve.

"no! you totally just kissed me!" he laughs, but my angry expression didn't soften the slightest.

"i can't believe you!" i grimace, shaking my head. "why would you do that?"

"i just wanted to know what it was like to kiss you." he uses the same excuse as before, but i'm not satisfied with his answer. "you know, it seems like our lips are made—"

"i wish i had never met you, .. jungkook."