eleven

i hadn't been looking towards this blind date, but when i saw him in the distance looking at his watch and wearing the black jumper and white jeans that eunbi had told me to look out for, i immediately felt like this could be a great night. slowly approaching him, he lifts his head up and smiles.

"you must be chaeyoung .. ?" he says with a box smile; a unique smile that interests me. "looking for your date for tonight?"

i smile at his charm and nod my head slowly. "nice to meet you, taehyung." he pulls out my chair for me swiftly and waits for me to be comfortably seated until he takes the seat opposite of me.

"i hope you like japanese, i didn't really know what to do since i'm not the type of guy to take girls out to fancy restaurants." he fiddles his fingers and i take note of the fact we are sitting at a table for four, when it should just be the two of us. i peer around the restaurant and there are many unreserved tables for two.

"this is fine, japanese food is great. i'm not the type of girl to go out on these dates either, and won't be, after this terrible tinder date i'll tell you about right after i ask you, why are we sitting at a table for four?"

"you don't know?" taehyung says as he takes his eyes off the menu immediately. i shake my head slowly and he explains. "eunbi found someone else to join us tonight, she didn't tell you?" i continue to shake my head cluelessly. "he's my friend, actually. since he's often busy, tonight was a good idea. i'm just getting worried that he will grow old and not be able to settle down." he points to himself. "tinder is the absolute worst."

"i know right!" i agree. "just a few nights ago, i went on my first tinder date and it was so terrible. he took me to this really expensive restaurant, then ordered me a salad, complimented me in the strangest and most lewd ways .. and wait, do you drink?"

"from time to time. not really, just my friends pressure me sometimes but i loathe the taste." taehyung answers. i nod my head in satisfaction and continue.

"well okay, so he drinks. like a lot. like expensive beer. and he eats so dirtily and loudly! and you know what else? he has eyes for another girl as we're on this date."

"why didn't you just leave?" taehyung asks curiously.

"boy, i did! but this is where it gets even worse! he practically yells "pay the bill" in front of everyone, like seriously! and—"

"you're a grocer who gets paid very little every hour."

"yes! oh my gosh, and then, and then this random dude comes out and suddenly pays for everything. and then he just runs off, completely embarrassing me!"

taehyung tips his head back and laughs lowly, clapping his hands in enjoyment. "how much was the bill?"

"like, two hundred and forty bucks! do you know how much that bastard drank and ate?!"

"and you just sat there and watched him eat while you ate a cheap salad? what a wonderful date." he says sarcastically, his eyes beginning to well up in tears of laughter. "did you find the random dude and pay him back?"

"well, yes i found him. but that day he was with his girlfriend, and he wouldn't accept my money! so i was so embarrassed that i gave it to her and then sped off all the way to freaking china! i wanted to save up for this dress," i pointed at my pale orange dress. "but i gave all my savings away because of the guilt."

"and so, this is another reason why you're an aspiring stripper?" taehyung doesn't stop laughing, and the sight of it is beautiful to me, since it's so uncommon and rare in my day that i make a guy laugh, especially with an embarrassing story. i nod my head a silent yes. "well, i really don't want you to throw away your accounting degree, and trust me, i'm an accountant so i know exactly how the job works. it great! i used to struggle finically too, like right after graduating. i was even considering just becoming a gigolo! things are all set now though."

"it's really hard to get an accounting job these days that pays well, you know?" i pout as i scan the menu.

"ah ah ah, hope is not over. your second date just happens to be a boss looking for a secretary, if you're interested i wouldn't even mind if you guys decided to discuss work matters tonight." taehyung says with a cool expression on his face.

"oh, seriously? wow, taehyung i don't know what to think right now." i shake my head in disbelief. "this month has been so suckish for me. i'm almost twenty five, and i'm still a poor grocer!" i laugh, although i'm clearly embarrassed at my life state. "this is so considerate of you, taehyung. i just hope he's looking for someone like—"

"jungkook! you made it!" taehyung cuts me off abruptly, but i'm not even mad yet. when jungkook takes a seat beside taehyung and sets his eyes on me, my anger then begins to kick in. "this is jungkook. and jungkook this is—"

"chaeyoung." jungkook cut him off and looks at me with a smirk i want to slap off.

"oh, uh, you guys, uh, know each other?" taehyung scratches the back of his head awkwardly and his cheery smile fades.

"no, we don't." i speak firmly, but jungkook's voice is louder so it overlaps mine.

"yes we do!"

"huh?" taehyung seems tense now and i don't know how to stop it. almost like a plead, i place both of my hands over one of taehyung's hands that just lay on the table.

"we don't, trust me." taehyung looks at me with wide eyes, as if i am doing something wrong but i don't understand until jungkook grunts softly and picks up the both of my hands and brings them back to my side of the table. his hands are so soft, so large and warm despite him just being outside a moment ago.

"taehyung doesn't really like people touching him on the first date." jungkook says smartly, and i was just about to argue back but taehyung agrees, quite stubbornly. "but you can always touch me, if you like?"