Chapter One

So this is what 30 feels like. I mean people always set up these high expectations for what they want their lives to be at 30. 30 is supposed to be the era of your life where you are suppose to settle down, have a family and all the riches you desire. The time in which all your shit is supposed to be sorted.

But for me, at 30 I am currently unemployed and dangerously single. Don't get me wrong I am enjoying being 30, but sitting here in a bar at 11pm was not how I thought I would be celebrating my 30th birthday.

So here I am sitting in booth of a dark room with loud edm music next to my best friend Olivia, surrounded by strange men trying to flirt and fondle every single women that does past.

"Hey, K do you another drink, because money bags here wanted to buy another round" Olivia said this while gesturing to man sitting next to her.

"No, thanks Ollie I think I'm going to head out" I said getting up and grabbing my clutch.

"No, stay babe!" she said gesturing for me to stop.

"I thought we decided that tonight was going to fun"

"No Ollie, I'm really not feeling it tonight"

"Babe, you promised!" she said in a pleading way.

"I know, but you know that this-" I gesture to our surroundings "-is not my scene"

"Okay, call me when you get home"

I nod and head toward the exit of the club. Like seriously I don't want to come here tonight, but my best friend Ollie insisted that I come. My ideal birthday celebration was me sitting on my couch drinking a whole bottle of rosé and eating Italian takeaways, while watching my standard tv show that is Games of Thrones. But here I am walking down Long Street trying to find my uber that was going to be taking me home. I thought tonight was going to be great, but it wasn't I am instead disappointed by the progression of the night. Instead I was sitting on the curd of the street looking like a drunk hobo, contemplating my existence and where do I go from here.

I see the black Toyota car that was the uber coming to pick me up. I enter the car telling the driver to head to my modest two bedroom apartment in Bishop's Court that was purchased by my parents.

I exit the car to head towards the apartment building. As I enter my dark apartment, I stumble around heading to my kitchen with only the accompany of the moonlight and streetlights shining through the window. In the kitchen I open the fridge to be hit by the stark, harsh white light from the fridge as I grab some coconut water. I head out of the kitchen toward my bedroom and I then plump down onto my bed.

When thinking about my dreadful tonight, I again contemplate my life, while drifting to sleep.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys so this is just the beginning.

This Kai's outfit for the night.

Her apartment

Her apartment