Chapter 2

Hey guys, there is this cool song that I all thing that you would like. Im like obsessed.

The song is

Warm by SG Lewis

____________________________________________________________________________

I am woken by the sun streaming through my window, the instant regret of all the alcohol has hit me all at once. I reach for my phone under my pillow and check for new messages. And then I stumble towards the bathroom to pee, while sitting on the toilet I go through my instagram feed, seeing the pictures that Ollie posted the night before of a really drunk her and a tipsy me. I continue going through my feed, scrolling through make up tutorials, memes and pictures of friends.

Scrolling down a picture of my ex boyfriend come up. Matt Van Camp. The one that I let go away, he was the love of my life. You see Matt and I were together for 3 years, it was so serious that I thought that we were going to get married. I had the impression that we were happy in our relationships. The romantic dinners, gestures and holidays, were only a cover up of the fact that Matt never actually loved me. This point was proven when I find the fucking prick having sex with my boss Veronica, who he claimed was the love of his life.

I tried to distract myself from the aching heartbreak that I have been coping with from the past 11 months, by switching on some soul music that would accompany the animalistic sounds of my daily crying session in the corner of my shower where I coil up into in ball and preceed to ball my eyes out. This was now I daily process that was being too familiar, and that was beginning to be too scary for me to process.

You see when you hit rock bottom in your social life, relationships and at work, there are only a few things that you can do. You could either choose to repair old relations at work, find yourself a new lover and have an active social life or you could choose to quit work and be forever alone. I chose the latter, because going back to my old job and trying to repair old relations would be awkward considering the fact that my ex boyfriend is now shacking it up with his new fiancé the bitch Veronica, who is my former boss. I thought that it would be better for me to quit my amazing job as junior editor of XB magazine, because, coming to work everyday and having to face the bitch that did the nasty with your boyfriend on your desk, is quite a bit awkward you know.

So for about 10 months now I have been living off my savings and small loans from my parents, even sold my house in to move into the apartment my parents had bought me when I was still in university. I initially thought that I could acquire a new job, within weeks of quitting my job, but that idea turned out to be a complete disaster, because everyplace that I went to, I was rejected. Which resulted in having to reduce my applying for jobs to be every position you could imagine.

                                                                          (KAI'S BREAKFAST)

(KAI'S BREAKFAST)

So after my shower I went to the kitchen to make breakfast while, I open up my MacBook Air and check my emails to see if I had any appointments for job interviews. This had also become a daily routine of mine. Looking for a new job turned out to be more difficult than I thought it would be.

I opened my mailbox to see that I got 3 new mails, two from my mother asking about the dates that I would be coming home and one was from James Hendry Corporations. The email informed me that I had an interview for the position of the new assistant for a senior partner.

To be complete honest I don't want to be an assistant to some egotistical, control freak senior partner. Wanted to be the senior partner that was hiring a new assistant, but because of my situation I had to settle to a minor office job to pay the bills. But alas I have to get my shit together.

Looking at the email once again with pity and dismay, I had to be ready and presentable to the James Hendry Headquarters at 3 pm today and dressed appropriately.

Oh fuck me.