5

a/n: hiii so i just wanted to thank you guys for the votes and for reading it means a lot and i really hope you guys are enjoying the story so far! this is a pretty important chapter so i hope you like it x

(july 6th)

Yesterday at work Jo, Niall, Louis, and I speculated about the girl we saw outside of Harry's door that night. Jo didn't want to assume he had a girlfriend, because she wanted me to be with him. Niall said it could be a possibility, but wondered why she had something from the drugstore in her hands. Louis said that it could've been condoms or something, but we doubted someone would just be holding those in their hands from their car all the way up to the third floor of our building. She probably would've just put them in her purse or something. We couldn't decide who we thought she was to him, so we just agreed to let the thought go.

But, of course, I couldn't. It was hard to, though I had no clue why. And having the day off today meant that I had all the time in the world to think about it. Which I did, and when I checked my phone to see it was five o'clock, I decided to try to make dinner for myself to take my mind of of it. I was making spaghetti, and it was going well until I realized that the noodles were done and drained, yet I had forgotten to get sauce while I was at the store earlier. I really didn't want to go back out, and I would ask Jo if she had any, but she was probably on her way to her date with Axel by now. Sighing, I tried to think of what I could do to somehow salvage my dinner, when a thought came to me. Maybe I could ask Harry? I mean, it would be a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to ask, right? But what if it was awkward for me to talk to him because of the other night? I decided to just go for it, because the worst thing that could happen was that he wouldn't have any, and I'd just eat cereal for dinner. Which wouldn't be the first time that had ever happened to me. I put on some pants, socks, and a cute shirt and made sure my hair looked fine, and walked out. I knocked on his door and anxiously waited for him to answer. Shortly he did, smiling when he saw it was me.

"Hi, EJ, how are you?" He greeted me.

"I'm great, how about you?" I responded.

"I'm great as well, what can I help you with?" He asked me.

"Well, um, I was wondering if you had any spaghetti sauce I could borrow? I forgot to get some at the store earlier..." I tried my best not to stutter or mess up.

"Oh, I was just about to use mine actually," He frowned a bit. "I'm having spaghetti also."

"Oh, okay, well thanks anyways," I said kind of sadly, mentally kicking myself for sounding how I felt.

I turned to head back to my door when Harry said, "Why don't you come over here? You know, that way you can still have what you planned to."

"Oh, you don't have to--"

"I insist," He interrupted me. "Please, it's no trouble,"

"Okay," Was all I could manage to say.

He opened the door so I could come in, and the first thing I noticed was a little girl with curly hair playing with a golden retriever puppy on the floor near the counter connected to the kitchen. Harry closed the door behind us and made his way in. The little girl looked up and walked over towards Harry and I, the puppy following close behind her.

"Oh, I didn't know you had company."  I said awkwardly.

Harry smiled as he picked up the little girl and said, "EJ, this is my daughter, Cassidy. Cassie, this is my new neighbor, EJ."

Cassie waved at me and the dog came up to me and sniffed my leg.

"And this is Remington, but we just call him Remi." Harry added.