Part Five: Saturday Night's Alright

She awoke to the sun rays greeting her sleepy eyes slowly. She felt cozy, comfortable; and she didn't want to move a muscle. She found her body lying on a soft, mushy white mattress, and could feel an arm not of her own around her stomach. It was Elton's. Then she could clearly remember the wild and crazy night she just had with this man.
Jeannie took a deep sigh and yawed. It must be still early in the morning; the sun hadn't quite risen over the horizon completely. But yet it looked so bright out there. Now she was curious. She wanted to get up and take a look outside the window, but she didn't want to disturb the man lying beside her.
So she lied there on her back and stared up at the ceiling and waited.
And waited.
And waited.
All the meanwhile, her mind was racing about last night.
"How... how do I keep a secret that I actually had sex with Elton John?" She wondered, blinking blankly at the white ceiling for awhile. It was a plain design, but it didn't bore her. Then she began to stare at the creamy yellow walls. It was a friendly yellow, not like a harsh beam from the sun. "What would my friends, my mother, my family say about this?" She continued to stare off into space and wonder.
The sheets moved gently, and then she could feel his hand move. He was awake.
"Ahh, screw it. I don't care, anyways." Jeannie finalized her thoughts and then turned her head. Elton was looking right at her with little bags under his eyes. She laughed- he was just so cute when he was all worn out and tired. He smiled back at her and chuckled.
"Well... good morning sleeping beauty..." He joked, though he was half-awake.
"You got bags under your eyes!" Jeannie poked fun of him, getting all rowdy first thing in the morning.
"Well so do you...!" He teased back.
"We're old!" Jeannie laughed and rubbed her eyes. The sun was really shining; it was rising faster than she anticipated.
Elton chuckled at the idea of a 19 year old finding herself "old". Oh the innocence she was unaware that she projected!
Elton shuffled around the sheets and sat up. He tried to look out the window, but it was too bright. Scratching his eyes, then blinking several times, it took a full effort of motivation to get his eyes to adjust to the morning sunshine.
"Jeannie," Elton grinned, "Look outside."
She watched as he pointed to the window, then her eyes followed. She got up and scooted a little closer, and then was able to see the outdoors in its entirety.
The grey grass was covered by a small mound of thick, white snow. It laid on each blade gently, carefully- it looked so fragile outside. The trees were not the type to see snow, which made it a completely awkward yet astonishing sight. And with the sun shining in the big, blue and pink sky, it was extraordinarily pretty to see the snow glisten as it reflected each ray proudly.
"It snowed last night." Elton smiled, his arm reaching around Jeannie's shoulder. She liked the feeling of security and serenity as he sat beside her and watched the beautiful snow outside.
"Snow in Atlanta! In all my years here, I have never seen such a thing!" Jeannie exclaimed with disbelief.
"Yeah, "Elton chuckled, "Snow in Georgia is about as rare as me forgetting about last night." Both Jeannie and Elton turned their heads and looked into their eyes, making it difficult not to fall for each other's gullible laughs.
Jeannie beamed with delight. "Aahh, you've been thinking about last night too?"
"Well of course," Elton smiled, "With all your cute charm and beauty, you make it impossible to think about anything else."
"Ahhh...hahahhh..." Jeannie closed her eyes and soaked up his compliments... "I love you!" She blurted, then reached up for her shoulder to touch his hand that was on her. She felt the veins from his wrist down to his fingers, she touched the smooth skin upon his hands and treasured it like they were made of precious metals, jewels, and glass.
Elton absorbed the feeling of her calming energy beside him. He really began to appreciate her soothing and uplifting spirit. Something about the way she merely breathed in and out was like an antidepressant for him. And like an antidepressant, she was quite addicting.
"I hate to bring this up now, but god, I am awfully hungry..." He said, his arm still around her shoulder.
"Oh good, so am I!"
"I've got some donuts downstairs in the kitchen, right beside the coffee machine, if you'd like." Elton released his arm now to scratch his head.
"What kind?" Jeannie snickered.
"I think just glazed, chocolate, two with white cream fillings and I think there's a Boston cream one in there, too."
"I call dibs on the chocolate one!" Jeannie got up and fled for the door eagerly, with Elton tagging along behind.
Before she opened the door, Elton grabbed her nightgown gently. Jeannie turned to face him.
"I'll meet you downstairs in a second. I've gotta use the bathroom."
Jeannie nodded with a smile and proceeded to race down the staircase.